Anyone use Square Register

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade to Square Register. Does anyone here use it for a food truck? How would I connect to wifi to run cards? Can I link to my IPhone for wifi or what? What is your opinion of this set up? Thanks

Used it for my consulting business and the CC used for payment got hacked. Do not know if it was related to this service or not. Switched to PayPal.

I'm looking to upgrade to Square Register. Does anyone here use it for a food truck? How would I connect to wifi to run cards? Can I link to my IPhone for wifi or what? What is your opinion of this set up? Thanks

My wife uses Square every weekend at farmers markets and festivals she does.

Works with her iPhone, iPad and even connects via wifi hotspot when cell service is not there.

She loves it.

I should probably clarify that I currently use Square and have for years for CC processing. I'm in a position where my regular cash register went out and I'm considering getting the Square IPad Register set up but I don't understand how the card reader works with this set up. Does it still have to be hooked to my Iphone for wifi service or not?

Well it looks to me that the ipad would need service one way or the other. If that's from your phone, then yes. If the pad is connected to data, or if you have access to a wifi hotspot, then I'd say not.

Take this information for what it's worth...it's just me using common sense.

We have used it about 5 years now, our iPad uses data on our phone plan so we don't need wifi from something else. We plug the mag strip card reader in and we have the chip reader that also does Apple Pay.

I like it because you can make a button for every item you have and track there sales per event. You can also set it to take cards in offline mode and it will run them when you get wifi.

Dude, I use it on the truck for vends and it works GREAT! I bought the spinning stand that holds the 9 inch iPad. The stand rotates and has a mag strip slide in it. There is a second chip holder that can also do Touchpay (Applepay).

I set up the iPad and the items about 20 minutes before our first vend. (I had already set up the square account.) You can also email people invoices for catering jobs and they can pay online.

We have used it about 5 years now, our iPad uses data on our phone plan so we don't need wifi from something else. We plug the mag strip card reader in and we have the chip reader that also does Apple Pay.

I like it because you can make a button for every item you have and track there sales per event. You can also set it to take cards in offline mode and it will run them when you get wifi.

That is what I'd like to know, how does it use the phone data? Do you create a hot spot from the IPhone?

That is what I'd like to know, how does it use the phone data? Do you create a hot spot from the IPhone?

Use bought the iPad from Verizon so it share the 4 gb of data that our smartphones also use.

Unless you buy a cellular iPad for the Square Register then you need to set up a hotspot on your phone and tether a WiFi only iPad to it, unless you always have WiFi available where you will set up.

My setup consists of a WiFi only 9" iPad ($300) in the Square stand, the card reader to allow inserting chip cards and taking ApplePay, a printer driven cash drawer, and two Star Micronics TSP143 thermal printers.

One printer is set up as a receipt printer for the customer, and the other one prints kitchen tickets.

Works great. If you go this route, buy the printers from Amazon ($189 each vs the $300 Square charges), and the cash drawer from Amazon also.

Buy the thermal printer paper in bulk off Amazon also, think I found 50 rolls for $49 or so.

Back