Lazy chicken cook

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The girls request smoked chicken Sun and I had some work to do so I went for an easy, semi-unattended cook. Grabbed a chicken from the grocery store and split it into halves. Hit one with The BBQ Rub and the other with Its Incredible. Added some bacon-wrapped asparagus and a Caesar salad.

On to the MAK at 325F worth of LJ Pecan heat. Sprayed some of that crappy fake butter on and went back to work. They turned out something like this:
4ac824a51f6c53b2535295f26dc88677.jpg

Not rotating and not respraying caused a little uneven color. They girls enjoyed them. Me… meh…chicken.

I didn’t include the salad bc I got that from a bag and had nothing to do with a it good or bad.

Hope you all ate better this Sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing wrong with that. How do you like the It's Incredible rub Kevin?

Nothing wrong with that. How do you like the It's Incredible rub Kevin?

I love it. It works on anything, even veggies. If you’re interested in a low salt, garlic-forward rub you should try it.

Hit some steamed broccoli, cauliflower, squash, etc with it - not sure it gets any better. It’s also a great AP or base layer .

I love it. It works on anything, even veggies. If you’re interested in a low salt, garlic-forward rub you should try it.

Hit some steamed broccoli, cauliflower, squash, etc with it - not sure it gets any better. It’s also a great AP or base layer .

Sweet! I totally forgot about it until I read your post. I actually won two shakers as first runner up when Smoky Ribs' Rus Jones did a YouTube 100K subscriber giveaway a few years back but didn't receive it from Heavenly Made products.

I promise you, it doesn't look 'meh'. As long as the family is happy, you have won!

In your local grocery or butcher shop.

Lazy chickens are the ones that allowed themselves to be caught and processed.

Or maybe lazy means the lazy cook that chose easy and hands off instead of cooking something good. But I’m admitting nothing.

[emoji41]

Back