How much do you charge?

$2 per pound on chicken $4 per pound on ribs and $6 per pound on butts and brisket.

When I sell a la carte, it is $25/rack of ribs, and $25/lb of brisket. Pulled pork is $18/lb, and chicken is $12.50/lb. I don’t do it often and only when I have a minimum $1,000 order. Otherwise it just isn’t worth the time.

When I sell a la carte, it is $25/rack of ribs, and $25/lb of brisket. Pulled pork is $18/lb, and chicken is $12.50/lb. I don’t do it often and only when I have a minimum $1,000 order. Otherwise it just isn’t worth the time.

I dont see how you can charge so much for cooking in the backyard on your own time schedule. those prices are higher than a proper bbq restaurant that I can go to whenever I feel like

I dont see how you can charge so much for cooking in the backyard on your own time schedule. those prices are higher than a proper bbq restaurant that I can go to whenever I feel like

I’m not doing it in “my backyard” so to speak. I own a BBQ catering business, licensed by the Health Dept, liability insurance, commissary, etc. All those costs add up and factor in to what I charge.

People have never complained about my prices.

$2 per pound on chicken $4 per pound on ribs and $6 per pound on butts and brisket.

I just want to be sure im on the same page... We are talking COOKED WEIGHT, not raw meat weight?

Also is that per pound charge + the meat?

rb

I’m not doing it in “my backyard” so to speak. I own a BBQ catering business, licensed by the Health Dept, liability insurance, commissary, etc. All those costs add up and factor in to what I charge.

Restaurants also have to pay for the actual brick and mortar (rent, upkeep, staff/payroll, etc.), insurance, and Health Department regulations.

People won't complain about prices if they aren't using you. But if you're busy, who am I to say you're charging too much...

I would imagine it's also not like Texas where you are, where you can't spit without hitting a barbecue place. I'm also willing to bet your costs for supplies are a little higher too. I know brisket is more expensive here in Illinois than it is in Texas.

It would probably be more cost efficient in selling bbq plates since sides and a slice of white bread cost almost nothing but your time. Cook a 15# brisket sell 10-8$ plates sounds like a plan to me.

It would probably be more cost efficient in selling bbq plates since sides and a slice of white bread cost almost nothing but your time. Cook a 15# brisket sell 10-8$ plates sounds like a plan to me.

A 15 lb brisket around me goes for $50+, so $80 is not near enough.

Where did your get the 10 plates from?

I just want to be sure im on the same page... We are talking COOKED WEIGHT, not raw meat weight?

Also is that per pound charge + the meat?

rb

Raw weight per pound + the cost of the meat or I have them provide the meat to cook. For Thanksgiving I have 5 20 lb of turkey for folks at work so $40 per bird $200.

Back