Cooker Roadmap

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Hey All,
I have a humble suggestion to the mangement.
Being a relative newcomer here for a year now I have to say thanks to all for the knowledge and entertainment I've received. I have learned more in this year than I ever would have on my own. What to cook, how to cook.
In all my reading I constantly come upon names and intials for all the different types of cookers and have been able to find pictural examples of a lot of them. Some still baffle me.
What I was wondering is if it would be possible for the brethren to post a picture of each of the different types, brands, styles of cooker that they use and at some point make a thread in the roadmap section to use for identification for future newbies to have accsess to?
In a month or so one of you moderator types could pick one of each and put them in a roadmap thread.
Any interest?
ModelMaker

I think our drum smokers have been well documented...

I think it is a good idea for new folks. Kinda helps them understand the lingo as they come in. Plus more pictures is always a good thing!

I think it's a good idea. I love it. Here are my main two.

24x72_right.gif

model30closed2.gif

i have never show my pit to you all
i am in the first pitcher and paul is in the last pitcher

Attachments

• 100_0649.jpg
    100_0649.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0655.jpg
    100_0655.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0658.jpg
    100_0658.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 55
ModelMaker has made a good point. It's how I found this site, looking for info about the Silver Smoker I picked up.
Here are some of mine:

New Braunfels Silver Smoker
100_1463.jpg

Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain GOSM 3605 Propane
100_1393-1.jpg

Imperial Kamado Modern Style Large
100_1395-1.jpg

Big Green Egg Large BGE
100_1396-1.jpg

Ugly Drum Smoker UDS
100_1401-1.jpg

Weber Smokey Mountain WSM
100_1419-1.jpg

Here is a pic of an Earthenware "China Pot" Kamado that I had
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Kamado1JPG.jpg

Hope this will help any newcomers.

List the names of your pits, I'm interested in the big offsets and the gravity feeds!

Brian

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking of. Go to a thread, look at pictures, read their names.
ModelMaker

Back