Whole Ribeye Rib

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I have had pretty good results with Albertson's Prime ribs, although I haven't bought one there for several years, I prefer Cash and Carry.

Next time you "take the plunge" like that Jeff, tell the butcher that you'll save him the time and trouble of cutting it and ask him if he'll give you a better deal. The last time I did that, it was either Albertson's or Safeway, and I believe it was Albertson's, but in any case, the butcher gave me an additional .50 cents a pound off the sale price.

Those are some fine looking steaks my friend, looking forward to your future pron:-D.

KC
Thank you KC. I'll try that next time and 1st cook is up.

Albertsons in my area also had a deal on whole NY Strip roast for $4.97/lb. I had always wanted to try one so finally took the plunge. They had one in the case in cryo-vac like the one above that was about 15.35 lbs I believe. They cut and wrapped it for free. I asked for 1.5" steaks but boy, they were all pushing 2" each ! Got 9 huge steaks out of it for a total of $76. One hell of a deal.

Love ribeye's but last couple steaks I cooked, went with NY Strips and they were awesome and these look over the top. Plan to cook a couple up sometime in next couple weeks so crossing fingers.
Thank you FireChief. A NY Strip roast sound great.

Back