So, I need an idea for

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
a party I'm doing Friday night. We have 2 caterings. The Mrs. and her team is doing brisket, chicken marsala, sides, dessert, and simple appetizers for 205, I get the harder one - 400, all appetizers.

I've pretty well got it covered, from White Castle Sized Buns with Brisket or Pork, Chili Queso Dip, Toasted Ravioli, 100#'s of BBQ wings, Fruit, Veggies, Pizza / Rye Snacks, and Cookies. But - they want some sort of spicy warm dip that incorporates jalapenos. I'm thinking of lining a pan with pickled jalapenos, using a filling of cream cheese, sausage, cheese, jalapeno juice and minced pimento, then topping with pickled jalapeno slices.

Help, I'm a little brain dead.

Thisis one of my favorites

3pkg Cream cheese
stick of butter
Rotel
Mexi-corn
Pickled Jalapenos

mix over low heat until butter and cream cheese is melted, and serve with chunks of fresh bread.

Here's a family favorite.........
start with a basic quacamole. Fresh toms, japs, cilantro, lime juice, avocado, and a little onion(scallion), and a touch of garlic.
To this you will add cottage cheese and then season the salt and pepper end with Montreal Steak Seasoning.

It may sound weird, but I NEVER have any left when I make this stuff. Make a small batch and try it out.

For that extra what is that flavor, add some lemon zest.

smoked catfish filets
cream cheese
dried onions
EVOO
lots of garlic (usually granulated)
some sort of cajun seasoning
diced jalapenos (or green chilis if not wanting it with heat)
salt/pepper
dill
lemon juice or vinegar to brighten it up
smoked paprika

Quantities - don't ask me - I just throw it all together until it tastes good - but usually one of the Sam's frozen catfish filets per 8 oz of cream cheese. Sometimes use a little Mayo or sour cream to loosen it up if needed. Will sometimes stuff mushrooms with it also, but then add a bread crumb crust on top

Last edited by a moderator:
I had something very simple but very tasty at a friends house recently. It was not warmed but I don't see why it couldn't be. They simply took some spicy red pepper jelly and poured it on top of a block of cream cheese. The brand they used was Howard's which may be local to this region I don't know. They served it with some crackers and the stuff was addictive.

1 Velveeta cheese block
2 cans of rotel tomatoe's
1 LB. Jimmy Dean spicy sausage
2 fresh jalapenos chopped leave the seeds in
1-1 1/2 cups milk

Back