First try at rack of lamb

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Lamb tends to be to expensive round to to eat on a regular basis. Still that is no excuse for not having done a rack of lamb before. Wow was it good. Looks like ive been missing out all these years....stands up to any steak.

I got some good ideas here from the brethren and went with a variation of titch's honey mustard glaze reverse seared on the akorn.

I took the rack to 135 and rested while the coals got hot for the sear.

Looks a little red from the lighting but it was cooked to a nice pink in the interior

They may be expensive but i recommend you give one a try

Looks very good.

We were grazing the samples at Costco this weekend and one of them was serving lamb. I "may" have had lamb (mutton?) 50 years ago when I was a child, didn't like it, never had any since. Got a sample for myself and one for daughter, was really good even just being fried in an electric skillet. I need to try cooking lamb sometime.

Lookin good. From what I gather it is best rare, medium rare. I was going to try some lamb a while back till I seen the price, a lot more than beef short ribs.

Nice cook Ninja! Have never done a rack before, only a leg. I rarely get to have it as the Missus doesn't care for it, but legs are on sale here this week for $4/lb. At that price I think I'm going to jam one in the freezer anyway.

The picture doesn't do it's justice but I can tell it was pink throughout the whole middle.
Very nicely done...that's how lamb supposed to be.

Steve, that looks perfect! Great job! Thanks for posting it. You're giving me the nudge to do one for Easter. :wink:

I'm a poor boy from a poor family so no lamb for me right now...But it looks FANTASTIC!

Looks good. It's on sale at Meijers this week, if you aren't too house-poor now.

Wow that's your first attempt! They turned out looking great....:thumb:

You still rockin ebijack's Akorn?

Thanks.

The tricked out akorn is now mine. I purchased it out right from him sometime ago. Nice cooker. Fun to use.

nice looking rack mate:thumb:

Back