Vietnamese Pork Chops

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Thin sliced and bone in. Also had some separated ribs so I threw them in the marinade too :icon_smile_tongue:

Somoked the ribs a couple hours in the KJ Jr and quick grilled the chops on the Hasty Bake

L1NtH2El.jpg

Besides the marinade there was no added seasoning since they’re served with other stuff my sister in law made :thumb:

Last edited:
Was this a fish sauce and sugar based marinade? I've made the pok pok wings before using this and they were incredible.

Thanks my brothers, appreciate the positive comments 👍

Long story short the chops are as thin as can be and marinaded a couple hours; the main components are lemongrass and fish sauce (yikes). Usually served over rice with a runny egg and some fish sauce, carrot and daikon.

First time making this and followed this recipe

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes...illed-pork-chop-thit-heo-nuong-xa-recipe.html

My sister in law provided the egg rolls, mint, basil, green leaf lettuce, rice noodles and the aforementioned dipping sauce so we chowed down with that stuff :hungry:

Was this a fish sauce and sugar based marinade? I've made the pok pok wings before using this and they were incredible.

Nuoc Mam, yessir. BTW I see you’re down south and close to pok pok restaurant - I’ve had their wings but it was little too much on the candied side for me :icon_blush:

Fish sauce is the bomb, yo. Ever look at what's in Worcestershire sauce? :biggrin1:

I probably misstated that - we basically have fish sauce on tap. Always stinks up the kitchen though.

Awesome pork chops! The thin sliced/ bone in make for great noshing.

...we basically have fish sauce on tap. Always stinks up the kitchen though.

It’s almost lonely being a fish sauce lover in a non-fish-sauce-loving household. Given the different types for different foods, the stink in our house is almost a weekly occurrence. My daughter calls even the least offensive smelling sauce I have “butt sauce.” :-D

It’s almost lonely being a fish sauce lover in a non-fish-sauce-loving household.

Truth. I love the stuff. Always put a splash of it into whatever ramen I'm having. Wife doesn't like it, but does admit that when added to soup/stew/chili it improves the flavor.

It's also my secret weapon in making a killer bloody mary. :wink:

Yes! That’s a good base recipe. I add a bit of vinegar and omit the lemon grass because I’m lazy with the prep. I like mine pan fried but a good second option is the charcoal grill.

Back