Picking Up New 24x36 Shirley Tomorrow

Another pic before bed. Had to re-org the garage once we got our sweet pimp minivan, so everything is shoved to the side and I need to tighten it up a bit. Might have to shift the pitbosses out back and get a covers for them :becky:

7QlNlQjl.jpg

Always fun to visit the Shirleys. Got to talk to Tyler and Paul! Both working like crazy as standard along with all their crew :-D. Though Paul just seemed to be wandering aimlessly, making a mess and getting in the way, lol :icon_smile_tongue: (I kid of course). Good night man those guys are amazing and just never stop. I was exhausted watching them move and shake for the 20mins I was there.

Wish I could have spent a full day talking everyone. The whole crew helped me get it loaded on the trailer and strapped up for the road. Looking forward to my 4th trip out there, whenever that happens :mrgreen:.

I might get up early to figure out where the hell the pellets go in this darn thing. They go in this chute deal, right??......
vJpXNhrl.jpg

xbmo8Isl.jpg

I have ideas for my 1st cook...........:twitch:

Great seeing you Jason!!!!!! After doing 12 hrs at the refinery sleeping 3 and back under a welding hood I kinda get spastic:shock:....you will love the cooker I have no doubt about it as being one of the top offsets currently on the market..... I told Tyler we build it.... “ They will come”!!!!! Look forward to your feedback....

Great seeing you Jason!!!!!! After doing 12 hrs at the refinery sleeping 3 and back under a welding hood I kinda get spastic:shock:....you will love the cooker I have no doubt about it as being one of the top offsets currently on the market..... I told Tyler we build it.... “ They will come”!!!!! Look forward to your feedback....

Are those hand thrown welds? I've done some under the hood work with stick and wire but never in a hundred years could I imagine being that excellent.
Ed

Are those hand thrown welds? I've done some under the hood work with stick and wire but never in a hundred years could I imagine being that excellent.
Ed
I believe all of Shirley's are welded by hand.
In my experience, there are 2 methods ( i know of) to get welds like that.
One using the pulse setting on the welder. You have your current level set for proper penetration. You adjust your time cycle for the pulse. Each weld spot is located by your hand location. And dip of the rod. The welder cycles for you. On/off.
I found that to be a PIA compared to doing old school and just make small circles with the electrode, then move over and repeat. All controlled by your foot and hands. If that makes sense. But you can get a nicer look using the pulse. As you never over/under heat while moving around the pieces to be welded. If that makes sense.
BUT! When welding in a shop that has/uses alot of welders. Even all of them being 440/220v. The power levels can/do fluctuate. Causing problems using the pulse method. Been there done that.

Ok, some more pics from this morning with good lighting. Almost too pretty to fire up......almost......

5Qv7qkjl.jpg

VZStBC1l.jpg

goTZwxNl.jpg

gqS6lV8l.jpg

B9Dez9El.jpg

nojeBvcl.jpg

People always like to see quantity that can be put on a rack. So here is a realistic day of cooking with a 23lb brisket, a butt and a 5lb box of mozzarella sticks from costco. All fits quite nicely
EhcgSZLl.jpg

I'll shoot a video here in a bit even though there are plenty out there. I'll also fire it up to give it a little season and run test.

Ok, some more pics from this morning with good lighting. Almost too pretty to fire up......almost......

5Qv7qkjl.jpg

VZStBC1l.jpg

goTZwxNl.jpg

gqS6lV8l.jpg

B9Dez9El.jpg

nojeBvcl.jpg

People always like to see quantity that can be put on a rack. So here is a realistic day of cooking with a 23lb brisket, a butt and a 5lb box of mozzarella sticks from costco. All fits quite nicely
EhcgSZLl.jpg

I'll shoot a video here in a bit even though there are plenty out there. I'll also fire it up to give it a little season and run test.
Jason,
Is there enough room for 2 full size restaurant pans side by side on any of the racks? I usually cook 2-4 sides when I cook for an event. Just curious..
Thanks

Perfect! Thanks for the pic, this will make the decision a lot easier!:razz:

Man that's nice. Looks like the spacing between shelves and the top are the same? Could get 4-6 butts per shelf? Could you fit 2 briskets per shelf?

Man that's nice. Looks like the spacing between shelves and the top are the same? Could get 4-6 butts per shelf? Could you fit 2 briskets per shelf?

I saw a guy on FB have 4 butts on all 3 racks. Could get 6 depending on size.

If you can fit 2 pans you can fit 2 briskets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not firing it up today at all. Sucks when work gets in the way.

I will be seasoning it tomorrow though I promise :icon_blush:.

Also today I picked up a few pig heads, a duck, 2 cow tongues for the first cook on Saturday. Will also probably do my "world famous" McRib Sausage I made and whatever else in in my freezer. I have ribs, wings and other stuff.

Without me having to bug Paul, how much $ are those running??

Just curious.

^^^ awesome! I was just wondering if you could fit 3 pig heads, 2 cow tongues, 5 pounds of sausage, 2 ribs, 20 wings and a duck...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll see if I can get all those mozzarella sticks on there too if that helps :clap2:.

Back