I made quiche. Don't tell anyone...

Looks mitee tastee to me.I often cook something very similar.I omit the pie crust and just smoke it in a CI skillet.I call it a baked egg pie and I get to keep my man card and masculinity. :cool: Your quiche looks delishious.

"Keep my man card" Heheee. We do the same thing in a 5" CI skillet. The Italians call this a Fritatta and the number of recipes for that are endless.

Looks mitee tastee to me.I often cook something very similar.I omit the pie crust and just smoke it in a CI skillet.I call it a baked egg pie and I get to keep my man card and masculinity. :cool: Your quiche looks delishious.

Thanks. I have to admit we all enjoyed it. My college-age daughter has already requested a repeat. I call that high, but unexpected, praise.

"Keep my man card" Heheee. We do the same thing in a 5" CI skillet. The Italians call this a Fritatta and the number of recipes for that are endless.

How 'bout we all agree that no man cards will be lost in this alleged incident. Hypothetically, I may try a variation or two in the near future... :shock:

Looks great! I always top mine with salsa/hot sauce when eating and usually include broccoli in the quiche. For a change (or anyone avoiding wheat/gluten) you can make a crust using hash browns and it’s delicious!

Thanks. I have to admit we all enjoyed it. My college-age daughter has already requested a repeat. I call that high, but unexpected, praise.

How 'bout we all agree that no man cards will be lost in this alleged incident. Hypothetically, I may try a variation or two in the near future... :shock:

I'm with you Brother. Make another one, add some hooch, then enter the Cooking With Booze TD.

:cheer2: I like everything about that quiche plan, especially cooked on the smoker! I am the quiche cook at my house most of the time, because I am also the pie crust maker. I would make one just like that except if I can get away with it, I always put in a heavy pinch or two of cayenne. Way to go!

:cheer2: I like everything about that quiche plan, especially cooked on the smoker! I am the quiche cook at my house most of the time, because I am also the pie crust maker. I would make one just like that except if I can get away with it, I always put in a heavy pinch or two of cayenne. Way to go!

Oh lawwddd,not another one! :confused: What the hell is this new era gonna usher in? I am not gonna like it but I will figure out how to circumvent it.

looks nice Kev. Cooked perfectly. I broke down last year and made a couple for my wife to take to an office breakfast party. Did the traditional spinach, bacon, cheese and also decided to get fancy with a Gouda, smoked salmon and hash brown potato crust concoction. Not bad for my first quiche I'd say.

I should have smoked them!!! Dag Nabbit!!!

Thanks. Eggs + CI... can't go wrong with that combo. I'm sure your's taste awesome.

Oh, no Fritatta... another word I can't say or spell... Sounds like you and Hoss are both on the right track with the CI - I'm a sucker for anything CI. Combine that with smoke and your close to perfection.

No shame in that, I'd be back for seconds

I'll put on another one. The girls were hungry and treated this one pretty bad...

Looks great! I always top mine with salsa/hot sauce when eating and usually include broccoli in the quiche. For a change (or anyone avoiding wheat/gluten) you can make a crust using hash browns and it’s delicious!

Broccoli and/or hash browns????!!!! I'm on it - love 'em both. Thanks for the tips!

I'm with you Brother. Make another one, add some hooch, then enter the Cooking With Booze TD.
Ya know... that Bloody Mary did pair nicely...

Hmmm...Never smoked a squish...

I have smoked up a couple of frittatas but I don't wanna talk about it much...
You frittata guys are teaching me something. They sound very similar to the "egg pie" so I'm going to say that I'd like them. I'll try one and hey, what the heck, I've already waded into the deep water. I'll even post it.

I"m way behind you brother. I used a store bought crust. I'm a little scared of all things dough. Thanks for the kind words. I'll try and few more variations. Who knows, maybe I'll even tackle the dough thing some day.

looks nice Kev. Cooked perfectly. I broke down last year and made a couple for my wife to take to an office breakfast party. Did the traditional spinach, bacon, cheese and also decided to get fancy with a Gouda, smoked salmon and hash brown potato crust concoction. Not bad for my first quiche I'd say.

I should have smoked them!!! Dag Nabbit!!!
Apparently quite a few folks smoke them and something called a frittata (a new thing in my little world). I certainly didn't invent the idea - stole it from online recipes.

I’d hit that anytime.
Thanks. They are really very good. We like to make fun of them, but that's just for entertainment I think...

Man, I´d happily eat half that pie! I love a good quiche.
My dad makes some killer quiches so no comments from my side.

Back