Greasy Hill Smokers

Little Pig Barbeque

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these????? I want a mobile stick burner and have a limited budget. I know you get what you pay for but how bad can these be? 1/4 inch steel and double walled insulated fire box. Looks like it has plenty of cooking space for me. Whatcha think????

They're running a special on them this month for $1900
0e5e3d5b50729f576bcacb3fc9b793a3.jpg
1c63cab72ff4b0363016ab8673d92a77.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have seen them around on eBay and they look good. The price is nice.

How do the doors seal with the diamond plate?

I have no idea who made mine, as I bought it off CL. It looks exactly like that though, and it works fine for me. The door seals great...

https://imgur.com/a/uRzNssz

Last edited:
firebox does look kinda small , could be just the angle of the pic ? wonder if you can get the dampers for the rib box ?

I'm going for it. I'm going to call tomorrow and get one. I've read several recent reviews and they are all very positive. I'm just a backyard guy so I wont be doing anything serious with it. I get the occasional request from the neighbors for some good bbq so I think this one will be perfect for that. The price is very good to me and fits my budget.

I currently cook on drums, kettles and WSM's but I dont have a stickburner. I've really been wanting a small trailor rig for a while but didnt want to fork out 5k for one with this capacity. Plus this one is close enough to me I can pick it up and dont have to worry about shipping.

Looks like a nice little cooker, especially for that low price! :nod:

I'm going for it. I'm going to call tomorrow and get one. I've read several recent reviews and they are all very positive. I'm just a backyard guy so I wont be doing anything serious with it. I get the occasional request from the neighbors for some good bbq so I think this one will be perfect for that. The price is very good to me and fits my budget.

I currently cook on drums, kettles and WSM's but I dont have a stickburner. I've really been wanting a small trailor rig for a while but didnt want to fork out 5k for one with this capacity. Plus this one is close enough to me I can pick it up and dont have to worry about shipping.

where are they located and ask them about the dampers to the rib box … TIA

Great price! I think you'll be very happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations, make sure to post a walk around once your cooker arrives.

they charge $1.95 a mile to ship , that is approximately a $1051.05 to ship to me , 539 miles … seems high for shipping in my opinion

Was able to pick it up yesterday. Made the 8 hour drive round trip. I'm seasoning her today. Things I will point out...the bad first.

The welds arent perfect. You get what you pay for. At 1900 a smoker this size typically cost way more (from what I've seen around my area). The welds are solid as can be, but look a little sloppy in a few places.

Thermometers are really cheap. Not a huge deal as I will be changing those out anyway.

I've noticed several leaky spots around the doors. Some gaskets should seal it up nicely.

The room in this thing is fantastic! I will update with pics later. Should have no problem holding a whole hog. No telling how many butts or briskets.

Couldn't even tell I was pulling a trailer. Its built like a tank. The trailer and wheels alone are worth a good chunk of the cost.

Again, it's not perfect but I'm a backyard guy looking to cater for work every now and then and maybe my sons sporting events etc...

The folks at greasy hill are super nice. I wouldnt pass them up just because they're cheaper than other places. Again I know you get what you pay for but I know this thing will cook some awesome food.

Some of the best bbq joints I've been too, the cook is smoking on a cooker with imperfect welds and leaky doors. Food taste great and that's what I'm after.

Sounds like a happy customer! Isn't that what really matters? Congrats. Post some pics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It needs to be sprayed off. It rained bringing it back home so it got a little dirty. I'm happy with it so far. I will probably do a few test runs with no food to learn the temperature control. I have a dozen other grills and smokers but not a stick burner so this is all new to me!

Only major complaint would be the racks in the warming box. They arent level at all. I know a welder that can fix that for me so it's not a huge deal. Probably wont use it much anyway other than maybe a pan of beans or cheesy tators lol.
3ad5be7f33118d64b87c93de45aa6cc5.jpg
b03a39040a28f1847ae1ce0f7a99a618.jpg
9aa607c53034980da4be7b6cdedd1b8a.jpg
4d08d5125d8b70990767c9f24d9367d2.jpg

Wow! That is totally different than the first pic that started this thread. I do like the doors better on the model you bought than the other one. What was the cost, if I may ask?

I'm not going to lie...I was expecting the smoker to be the original pic I posted. When I saw it I thought they messed up or made the wrong one. After i inspected it I actually liked the design better so I still bought it lol. I paid 1900 for it. They were super nice and communicated with me very well. Assuming it cooks good (holds temp pretty decent so far), I would recommend them. Especially for the price.

Every smoker they makes is made to order. That was important to me. I didnt want to buy one that had been sitting for a length of time due to the chance of rust and not being seasoned. I gave them a pickup date and he built it a day or two before then.

Back