Cooking this weekend

icemn62

Babbling Farker
Wife is going outta town on Saturday. Plan to smoke some ribs, and some fatties. Anybody else planning on lighting fires this weekend?

Yup, always smoke on the weekend
Ribs, corned beef and a fatty :D

Now is why I want a larger smoker. Would love to do a pork loin. After we move, I may be able to convinve the wife that I need and most have a bigger smoker.

One pork butt for a get together Sunday evening.

Saturday and most of the day Sunday, Anne will be over at her mother's for a mother-daughter B'day thing with ballet and such! :D

I'll have the pork pulled and ready to go Saturday night so all we have to do is reheat and go!

HAven't been to the store in a while.Maybe I should check to see if spares are on sale...

Going upstate NY this weekend with my son. Guys weekend, some offroading in the wrangler, bringing us to an area for caveing... lots of caves to explore up there... then crossing a chasm(sp?) and heading to Howe caverns.... Bringing a couple R/C planes to fly around while were up there too. Leaving saturday am for a 6 hr drive upstate. Staying in a hotel....to cold to camp, so think the limit to my cooking may be bringing the hibachi and do a little tailgating.

BBQchef33 said:
Going upstate NY this weekend with my son. Guys weekend, some offroading in the wrangler, bringing us to an area for caveing... lots of caves to explore up there... then crossing a chasm(sp?) and heading to Howe caverns.... Bringing a couple R/C planes to fly around while were up there too. Leaving saturday am for a 6 hr drive upstate. Staying in a hotel....to cold to camp, so think the limit to my cooking may be bringing the hibachi and do a little tailgating.
Ah yes--a male bonding experience--sounds like fun :lol:
I was gonna do a " X-perimental cook" on the WSM.
Karen reminds me I have about a ton of frozen Que in shop freezer :twisted:
So, gonna do re-heat for family and neighbors!
Close enough to real cooking?

Figure if I thin it out, I can get back to cooking :lol:

TIM

Actually gonna wheel out the pit tomorrow for 9 racks of baby backs to munch down Saturday with some fellow hockey fans watching the Frozen Four finale!

First time I'll have fired the 'Dera up since last fall. I can't believe I missed qing all winter...it's my favorite time to q.

Summer's here though...hopefully I'm back BABY!!!

I have to work through most of the weekend; however, I plan to pop the cherry on my bskd on Sunday night with a couple of chickens and some andouille. I'll keep some burgers on the side in case of disaster.
Noah

I am doing the lazy Q Mod- 10lb brisket in my cookshack electric smoker on Saturday nite. When I wake up Sunday the brisket will be ready to eat.

nmayeux said:
I have to work through most of the weekend; however, I plan to pop the cherry on my bskd on Sunday night with a couple of chickens and some andouille. I'll keep some burgers on the side in case of disaster.
Noah

You done flung a craving on me. have to grab some andouille and hoagie rolls now.

Not this weekend but as long as the weather is good I've got a big cook planned for next weekend.

I have not smoked at home in quite some time. Think I will have to do something on this fantastic weekend we have coming up. I'll run by the store today and see what catches my eye.

I'm undecided... We have family stuff going on on Saturday, but I may throw in a turkey boob on Sunday...

Now I heard its 67-73 tomorrow.

As soon as I get home, 1 4#pork loin, 1 6#pork butt, and 2 Bob Evans fatties (1 sage, 1 maple) are coming out of the freezer for tomorrow.

Can't wait for the SOMKE

Belly2 is going to fire up the smoker for some spares on Sunday and I may test some chicken before next weekends comp!!!!!!

Back