Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
There's a lot of first's going on today...So I'll break it down some. I'm only cooking 1 rack of St Louis Spare Ribs but in the name of BBQ science this is what I have.

1) I diced up habanero pepper and simmered it in Concord Grape Jelly. (This infuses the jelly with the pepper oils)

2) Injected the jelly into 1/2 of the rack...the thick half.

3) The non injected half I'm just going to glaze at the end

4) Since I only normally use the 007 for these types of cooks it's the first time using my el cheapo Walmart Weber.

5) Open top and feeding it Mulberry

Now the 007 would cook this 10 X faster and efficiently but I needed to do some experimenting doing kettle cooks and it's an nice day soooooo :biggrin1:

Using the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Ring

Great looking ribs. Good idea about propping your lid up with splits.
This concept was the born in from the early stages of developing the 007.

On the kettle it gives you a fire like you would see in an offset, the splits don't burn up quick and you get the thinnest of clean smoke. If I didn't have the 007 and only a kettle I'd do all of my roti cooks this way without question. I went through such a small small amount of wood... maybe 2-3 splits worth?

Which rack was better
Coming soon but you might be surprised.

I'll tell you one thing Matt rotisserie ribs this way is something you have to experience and hopefully will. I think I make good rack ribs but they pale in comparison to self basting in a rotisserie and the heat hits the ribs on the skinny profile makes a big difference. It still blows me away how big of difference you get. When you do it you'll see how it develops it's own self glaze look when you don't glaze.

Back