Rib Eye Chili

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Bought a family pack of 4 ribeye a while back. Cooked the best looking one immediately and froze the other 3. Not the best ribeye. So semi thawed the other three and into the grinder they go. They were discounted cheap. Chili.

“Everything tastes better when you’re poor”
John Witherspoon

Last edited:
I saw that United has their select briskets discounted. $1.97/lb in your area. $1.67/lb here due to the HEB opening. I went the HEB route and grabbed a prime brisket for $2.79/lb and choice ribeye for $3.97/lb. Brisket chili is in my future, but I might grab a few more ribeyes to try that chili.

Congratulations on your HEB. Those are cool stores. Brisket sales are fun. My grinder isn’t the best. Any extra sinew/fat and it will wrap in the auger. Got through ribeye easily but chuck roast is impossible. New perspective on bargain bins. I have a friend that loads up on beef grillers and grinds those. I’ve ground those cheap green chile Tri tips. Those work nicely. We (the Brethren) had a discussion recently where I confessed how many brisket I had passed over due to a thin uneven flat. Now if it has a nice round point I’m going to get it, cut 5/6 inches off the flat to even it up and grind the trim for soup stew chili etc. pretty good deal at brisket prices for ground beef

OH MY WORD!!!!!! :first::hungry:
I could put a hurtin on that fine looking Pork Skin Pie!!!!!

I used the red enchilada sauce and a cup of coffee for the liquid.

Never thought of using coffee in chili. I used bitter sweet chocolate in my chili testing days, I wasn't a fan. In hindsight, i probably used too much. Never bothered to try that again.

Congratulations on your HEB. Those are cool stores. Brisket sales are fun. My grinder isn’t the best. Any extra sinew/fat and it will wrap in the auger. Got through ribeye easily but chuck roast is impossible. New perspective on bargain bins. I have a friend that loads up on beef grillers and grinds those. I’ve ground those cheap green chile Tri tips. Those work nicely. We (the Brethren) had a discussion recently where I confessed how many brisket I had passed over due to a thin uneven flat. Now if it has a nice round point I’m going to get it, cut 5/6 inches off the flat to even it up and grind the trim for soup stew chili etc. pretty good deal at brisket prices for ground beef

I did a google search on beef grillers and I came up with dog food or hot dogs. Surely not. So I have to ask what is a beef griller?

Robert

Back