Anybody up cooking

outside ed

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was just checking to see if anybody else is up cooking tonight. I just put 10 butts on for 2 parties tomorrow. Ed.

I just heated up a slice of pizza.. does that count?

10 butts?? That's a lot of butt!
2 parties?? That's more parties in one day than I've done!

Rock On!

Just got to work, things heating up here. I guess not the same.

You bet Poobah!! I am a glutton for punishment. I have a hard time saying no to everyone except my kids.

ok..pizza is gone.. didnt even put a dent in the hungries. :redface:

got some chicken left from dinner.. thats BBQ.. Im nuking that on your behalf!

It's 3:10 am. I just put on a 8.17# pork shoulder at 2:45. I hope the minion methed holds true. I'm kinda loaded about now and going to bed.
Will be checking in later this morning.
By the way, this is my 1st over night cook, and 1st pulled pork. Wish me luck.

Good luck, I am not cooking, but I did just finish off the last of the ribs from the 4th. And I do have to say they were the best I have made. I did 9 slabs and I didn't pull the membrane but you were able to bite right through it like butta.

Got 70 lbs of butts and another 65 of briskets working. Does that count????
12:30 am

Not cooking, just got in from a party... good luck!

It's 3:10 am. I just put on a 8.17# pork shoulder at 2:45. I hope the minion methed holds true. I'm kinda loaded about now and going to bed.
Will be checking in later this morning.
By the way, this is my 1st over night cook, and 1st pulled pork. Wish me luck.

It's after 5:30 and no report from you yet. I am getting nervous about the temperature of your smoker seeing that this is the first time with the minion method for you. :mrgreen: Hope things are going ok with it.

Things are looing good on my end of the cook. Cooker temps holding in at 250 and meat is at 130's. I am thinking about nap. Ed.

Things are looing good on my end of the cook. Cooker temps holding in at 250 and meat is at 130's. I am thinking about nap. Ed.

Don't know what you are cooking them on, but it must hold the temperatures very well. I would be too nervous to take a nap with ten butts on in the 130s. Good luck with the rest of the cook.

No Smokin today, but if the rain keeps up I may have to anchor the pit to keep it from sailing away. Just when I thought it was gone.

The meat temps are in the 180's and I am getting the foil and coolers ready to pull them off and let them rest. Jim, I have a UDS that I made and a New Braunfels grill that I set up for indirect cooking. Gunrunner, I hope you are keeping your powder dry though:icon_blush: . Ed

Butts are in the cooler and resting as I am also. the real work will begin in acouple of hours as I scramble to deliver and fry 2 turkeys. I hope everyone has great weekend. :p :p :p

Here are some pron for your viewing pleasure. Ed

Attachments

• 100_4358.JPG
    100_4358.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_4359.JPG
    100_4359.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_4360.JPG
    100_4360.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_4361.JPG