Early Father's Day 560

jzadski

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What a great wife! It just came today right from MB. Perfect timing right after I got the lawn finished. Took about 2 1/2 hours with 14 yo son helping from box to burn in. So pretty good. Setting up bluetooth and wifi was a breeze. Doing break in now.

Last edited:
WooHoo!! Awesome! Cant wait to see what you can do with that thing!

Very nice! It's definitely an interesting cooker. Let us know how you like it in comparison to the Rectec

Congrats! Waiting patiently for some action shots.

Awesome. Impressed with how fast that grill gets hot. Can’t wait for pics of some cooks!

Now that is a keeper ( your wife for getting you a fathers day gift like that ! ) I am jealous of your new addition and really looking forward to hearing how this cooker does compare to a pellet grill .

Now that's a wife!!!!!

Thanks,
Greg

Congrats! What are you cooking?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ya she has been really good to me on Father's Day, 1sth the WSM 22" then Rec Tec and now this. I will be doing ribs tomorrow. It's killing me to wait :wacko:

Ya she has been really good to me on Father's Day, 1sth the WSM 22" then Rec Tec and now this. I will be doing ribs tomorrow. It's killing me to wait :wacko:

Awesome! Sounds like she likes BBQ, and is smart enough to know how to make it happen!

Looks like you hit the jackpot...with the wife I mean! I just got my 560 and it took convincing, some white lies and a stimulus check to get it.
This cooker is easier to cook with than my MAK2. You're gonna have fun with it on its versatility alone. Enjoy!

Looks like you hit the jackpot...with the wife I mean! I just got my 560 and it took convincing, some white lies and a stimulus check to get it.
This cooker is easier to cook with than my MAK2. You're gonna have fun with it on its versatility alone. Enjoy!
Interesting... how is it easier?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's awesome. Really excited for this grill. Big props to Masterbuilt for innovation. Its not everyday a company can take an entirely new approach to something that's been done forever and score a win.

Ok all so my first rib cook is now complete, this may take a bit. First off let me say that if rec-tec and WSM had a baby it would be the 560 :wink: I did 3 racks, 2 St. Louis and one bbback. The bbb were super thick and actually took longer to fall off the bone since that's what everyone else likes. The cook, typical 3-2-1 at 225. It had all the smoke of the WSM and even when I use amazin tube with rec tec (lumber jack char-hickoy seems to produce about the best smoke profile) it still does not compare to wsm. For the 560 I used KBB with smaller chunk of hickory in the chute. Ash pan had 2 cherry and 1 hickory chunck. Oh I put the st. louis in the cambro while the bbb continued to cook. I even got pics :photo: On the smoker, pre wrap and done

Last edited:
Nice write-up. It’s a nice design for sure. I’m very intrigued. If I didn’t have so many damn grills/smokers already, I might spring for one!

So, it seems like..but you didn't directly say it....do you like the 560? I know it was your first rib cook (maybe first cook at all?) And you probably will/can tweak things... But what do you think?

Back