Finishing with some hindquarters, sausage, and corn on two levels.

9becadefa41b92eb349086a0cbea1fa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So PBC gets a cut of Barrel House sales. Now spawn of a thousand threads.... “But which one is better?? Which one should I buy????” :shock:

I think most people (at least around here) know the story well enough to know not to buy the other cooker. The guy who made it didn't put the time, effort, research, etc into making his cooker. It's smaller and costs more (from what I understand). I don't see the cooker being a real threat to the PBC. Plus now Noah gets a cut of the sales. He can use that to continue to innovate new accessories and continue to improve upon the already awesome cooker!

That’s all she wrote. Love this cooker!
5098d0d3405d79075e38277daa036ce9.jpg
31bc5d13816256618e8162ab279fff15.jpg
343e56fcf4a9c09a9d5f8baba7e70d1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

food looks incredible Johnny.....NICE COOK! THOSE RIBS!!

Gonna try Royal Oak lump charcoal this weekend for the first time...can't wait! I watched a How to BBQ Right video where Malcolm Reed simply loads basket with lump and lights two starter cubes right in basket and cooks some fantastic ribs. Anyone tried this method?

For those of you that cook with lump, are you able to run below 300? If so what brand of llump and where is your intake set?

For those of you that cook with lump, are you able to run below 300? If so what brand of llump and where is your intake set?

I haven't ran all lump but I'd say Using all lump it's doubtful to get below 300. Possibly 300-315 maybe. But really those temps aren't bad either. Some folks don't even monitor temps and get great results. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are running at 325°

I’ve used all lump except for the dregs of some leftover briqs from a previous kettle or PBC cook. Still runs high 200s as long as I put the lid on pretty quick and don’t use quite as much starter charcoal. So, instead of heaping the small size chimney with regular briqs as normal, I’ll just fill it full of lump and not heap it. I’ve done it a few times now and it generally behaves itself. But I have had to put a welding glove over the intake a couple times to settle it down for a short time.

Using B&B lump and Western.

I'd bet we've all been here. Pack up the Jeep for a bachelor party. Had my BBQ stuff packed days before. You've checked your list, you've checked it twice. You have everything. Friday night comes. Time to prep your brisket. OH MY GOSH I FORGOT TO PACK MY PBC HOOKS. Ok. Be calm. Just put it on the rack. It will be fine. And it was :) Missed taking pics of the burnt ends and they disappeared rapidly, but this was a 17lb CAB Choice. Rubbed with SPOG and Meat Church Holy Cow. Did a bit of injection with Meat Church as well. smoked with Hickory and Mesquite.

Early bird gets the worm.
eoAZQeM.jpg

IfrQYty.jpg

Brisket time.
IwU64Cd.jpg

4 hours later, wrapping time.
gYP5N0a.jpg

7 hours later after rest. Slicing time.
931vkjt.jpg

UKDgStg.jpg

N4gPMBi.jpg

Also did some ribs and a smoked Kielbasa.
CtoefIj.jpg

Had 13 happy dudes.

Last edited:
Nailed it Pete! Awesome smoke ring. I've said it before and I've said it again, PBC makes the best brisket behind a stick burner. My best/easiest briskets have been off the PBC.

Back