Looking for a Weber Gasser - will it fit?

YankeeBBQboy

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
My BGE and Weber Performer are getting lonely so I thought that I would pick up a cheap Craigslist Genesis and fix it up. The question I have though is this - will it fit in a Honda Odyssey van without me having to do major surgery on it. Have any of your brethren had any experience will transporting these grills and what does it usually entail?

Thanks for your help.

I fit a Genesis Silver C in a Chevy Venture. The lid of the Weber gassers come off without tools. There are a couple of safety pins that hold hinge pins in place on the back of the lid. Take the safety and hinge pins off, the lid comes right off. That made it more than low enough to fit in my venture. Make sure you have enough seats out of the way for it to fit. Maybe take a sheet too to set the lid on and/or cover the grill with. Guess it depends on how nice your Odyssey is.

I have an '05 Odyssey. A Genesis will fit fine. Just bring something to keep it from rolling around or tipping over. And a nice big tarp for the floor of the van.

I trucked home many a Genesis and 1000's in the back of my old Honda CRV!

Remove the hairpin cotter pins in the lid hinge pins, stack the flavorizer bars, grates, side tables and any other small items in the lid. With my rear seats folded down, I would lay a tarp down and set the grill end towards the front and then set the lid between the legs of the cart. With room to spare! Twice I dragged home Performers and a kettle!

You'll have no problem with an Odyssey.

Dragging them home in a 4 Runner these days!

Back