More smoker pics.

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Smoker4.jpg

Smoker3-1.jpg

Looking nice bredrin! I was just wondering what was up with this build... I'm diggin the "camo" look. :becky: :thumb: Did the doors stop the exhaust from going straight up or was that a design decision? And I see you counter weighted that farker of a door! :heh: You mounting anything else on your trailer?

It's coming along awesome bro...

Cheers

I wanted the stacks like that to try and keep heat from going straight up and out.

Tongue is a little, actual a lot light. When funds rebuild i would like a Santa Maria grill that is on rollers where it stowes during transit and rolls out for use. Propane tank, double burner, ash can for sure.

That is a Beast!!!! Looking forward to seeing
Smoke coming out of it....

Looks good to me. A lot of welding. I really like those channels feeding the smoke into the main tank. Good idea there.

With the heat and smoke entering at the back of the smoke chamber and leaving at the back, do you have any concerns about it not reaching the front? Maybe a diffuser to push the heat to the front?

Other than that, looking pretty slick.

Very nice job :clap2::clap2:

Is counter weight solid ?

Beautiful so far Pat! Curious - any reason behind the square tubing as opposed to cylindrical? I know the air-flow properties would be different somehow, but does it make a difference? Besides just looking cool, I mean ;)

With the heat and smoke entering at the back of the smoke chamber and leaving at the back, do you have any concerns about it not reaching the front? Maybe a diffuser to push the heat to the front?

Tubes go to front inside.
tank22.jpg

Other than that, looking pretty slick.

Beautiful so far Pat! Curious - any reason behind the square tubing as opposed to cylindrical? I know the air-flow properties would be different somehow, but does it make a difference? Besides just looking cool, I mean ;)

guy supplying tubing. He has quite a bit of it.

Lookin good brudder!

I'm hoping those 2 intakes will be enough heat for that monster.

Yeah, I also wonder if there will be a cold spot in the middle as the heat will essentially go up and towards the sides to the exhausts.

Also, I see the handles for the baffles on the stacks but I cannot see how they actually open or close. Any more pics?

Good looking smoker you built Norco cant wait to see it dirty

Yeah, I also wonder if there will be a cold spot in the middle as the heat will essentially go up and towards the sides to the exhausts.

Also, I see the handles for the baffles on the stacks but I cannot see how they actually open or close. Any more pics?
I plan on putting a propane burner with pilot safety valve in center hole. I will be able to get the beast preheated and use it to cook also if I want. I know it is not legal in comp cooking but I don't do comps. Top stack covers swing to side to open/adjust.

Good looking smoker you built Norco cant wait to see it dirty
I only wish I did that kind of welding. The guy that built Dannypat21's pit is building it. i had been gathering parts to do it myself but have been busy at work and wife got tired of my "Gold" in the back yard. :-D Can't say enough about Ruben the guy building my vision.

Lookin good brudder!

I'm hoping those 2 intakes will be enough heat for that monster.

Kinda what I was thinking too.

Cheers

To be truthful I wonder about firebox itself being large enough. The guy making it said we will give it a try and he will mod it if needed. I am also putting in a propane burner in oval hole in center. Will be my cheater. cant get the vision of River city Rick's? propane accident so I will have a pilot safety valve.
pilotvalve2.jpg

pilolotvalve1.jpg

and one of these burners.
flame_comparison1.jpg

Back