Humphrey's Down East Beast is coming to the Southeast !!

awscwi

Full Fledged Farker
Just had a great experience with Kevin at Northeast Professional BBQ.

He was able to answer all of my questions about the beast...i got several options on the beast and i can't wait to fire it up.

Any one wanting to get a up close look at one I'm in central SC and i will have it on the competition scene ASAP.

How about some advice on running the beast from the brethren...

Congrats on the Beast! Looking forward to seeing some cooks from it.
Sounds like Kevin had it in stock?

Sweet! I ordered my Pint almost 5 weeks ago and reading these threads make me anxious. Please post a review of your likes and dislikes when cooking. It would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations......

My beast loves to burn lump over briquettes, steady even heat, an 8 pound bag will burn for 12 - 14 hours.

Also spring for a BBQ Guru Digi-Q DXII. can't tell you how much stress this takes out of my cooks.

I have been talking to Kevin this week as well. Might be two in the southeast before long. Looking forward to seeing your cooks and review.

The only thing I'd suggest is getting one of those weed burners that you hook up to a propane tank. The Beast is a lot of steel and it can take a long time to heat up which can burn through lots of fuel. If you heat up the steel with the torch you'll find you get longer burn times out of your charcoal.

Right on, welcome to Team Humphreys. I have had my pint a few weeks now and absolutely love it. I was surprised at how quickly it heats up without a torch to the chamber at all. Going to run briquette and lump combo this weekend at its first comp. Get some pics up.

Congrats! You're going to love it. I usually hold off on filling the water pan until it heats up. And then, I'll often add boiling water. But it gets up to temp fairly quickly. And it holds temps rock steady. Be careful moving it- this sucker is heavy. I recommend removing all racks and the fire box before wheeling it for the first time. They add a ton of weight.

Unfortunately I have to get in line and wait on the beast. Should be here around December 5. I would love to see pics of you guys cooker in the mean time.

Post them up !!

Here you go. Got mine in the spring. As you can see, they are pretty well packaged when they arrive. I haven't used the T maze very often. Pretty efficient even without it. I got the slide out water pan, stainless steel drop down tray and of course the bottle opener... I got the larger casters as I have a stretch of lawn between my garage and patio.

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

Very nice ! How much wood are you putting in the charcoal box??

Here you go. Got mine in the spring. As you can see, they are pretty well packaged when they arrive. I haven't used the T maze very often. Pretty efficient even without it. I got the slide out water pan, stainless steel drop down tray and of course the bottle opener... I got the larger casters as I have a stretch of lawn between my garage and patio.

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

I have always wondered about the rack spacing. I know the racks are 14.5x22 and they have rack sliders every 2" or so but how many racks can you use if spaced 5" apart?

Back