Big Kamado Joe 45% Off

Dang, out of stock all around! Apparently you can order to your store for pick up though!

Seriously.... I hate this site. Trying to decide on the MAK buy. Someone posted about greentoe.com where it looks like I could save about $500 on the Napoleon gasser I’ve been thinking about and now this — two shown as in stock at a store about 30 miles away.

While in Lowes yesterday I kicked the tires. Impressive cooker

Seriously.... I hate this site. Trying to decide on the MAK buy. Someone posted about greentoe.com where it looks like I could save about $500 on the Napoleon gasser I’ve been thinking about and now this — two shown as in stock at a store about 30 miles away.

Ditto. While I haven't purchased a new grill since I've joined the forums I sure have had the fever. Its easy to get hyped about something only to have that hype redirected to a new thing.

Here lately I've been debating about building up my Weber 22, grabbing an MB560, or getting a pellet grill. Trying to stay sub $500. I've bounced between every option as a strong possibility. This forum isn't doing me much help good on that front either. I keep talking my little project up to some $800 - 1k purchase which kind of gets away from the purpose of having something to play with further. Next thing ya know I'm at a $2k MAK that I likely just don't need. I just need a good grill option. Pellets are plenty acceptable around me, but I generally like charcoal and wood chunks if need be. I have my smoker needs met.

Last edited:
Ditto. While I haven't purchased a new grill since I've joined the forums I sure have had the fever. Its easy to get hyped about something only to have that hype redirected to a new thing.

Here lately I've been debating about building up my Weber 22, grabbing an MB560, or getting a pellet grill. Trying to stay sub $500. I've bounced between every option as a strong possibility. This forum isn't doing me much help good on that front either. I keep talking my little project up to some $800 - 1k purchase which kind of gets away from the purpose of having something to play with further. Next thing ya know I'm at a $2k MAK that I likely just don't need. I just need a good grill option. Pellets are plenty acceptable around me, but I generally like charcoal and wood chunks if need be. I have my smoker needs met.

I hear you. I've warned my kids about things like this. I had a similar problem years ago reading a couple higher end magazines about wing shooting etc. After you read enough stories about the $125k bespoke H&H etc., the "only $5,000 Browning" starts to look completely reasonable. Never ended up buying one but haven't had the same discipline here.

I can't tell which generation this is. It mentioned the multi-section firepot which I thought was introduced in the second generation but the top looks to the the original version as does the gasket.

Not that the original was a bad grill in anyway and $1099 is probably still a great deal. That said, I really do like the hinge that they upgraded to, especially on the Big Joe where you're talking serious weight. It would make it easier to pass on it if it's the original.

I can't tell which generation this is. It mentioned the multi-section firepot which I thought was introduced in the second generation but the top looks to the the original version as does the gasket.

Not that the original was a bad grill in anyway and $1099 is probably still a great deal. That said, I really do like the hinge that they upgraded to, especially on the Big Joe where you're talking serious weight. It would make it easier to pass on it if it's the original.

Pretty sure it’s the original that now comes standard with a couple things from the second version such as the multi piece firebox. Still a decent deal. I’m more interested in the regular large size though. This one is bigger than I need it to be.

Pretty sure it’s the original that now comes standard with a couple things from the second version such as the multi piece firebox. Still a decent deal. I’m more interested in the regular large size though. This one is bigger than I need it to be.

Thanks. I didn’t realize they had modified the original. Agree with you, even for the original that’s a good deal. Assuming you don’t need to move it much, I’d consider the larger size. I had the classic, and while it was great, the BJ would have allowed for some more flexibility.

Back