Bone In Ribeyes on Sale

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
John
I stopped by Food Lion to snag something to toss on the grill for dinner and found some nice looking bone-in ribeyes on sale for $5.99/lb. I haven't had my gasser fired up lately so I'm gonna cook these on my Chargriller gas grill and toss on some corn on the cob for tonight's grub...

They were good but not as good as over charcoal in the kettle. I think I might permanently retire my gasser from the task of cooking meat.

They were good but not as good as over charcoal in the kettle. I think I might permanently retire my gasser from the task of cooking meat.

Even at $5.99/lb I could never bring myself to cooking a ribeye on my gasser. There's nothing like a nice juicy ribeye cooked over lump charcoal.

Gasser side burners make awesome chimney starters... that's about it unless you don't have the time to get the briquets lit up. Then the gasser is handy.

Even at $5.99/lb I could never bring myself to cooking a ribeye on my gasser. There's nothing like a nice juicy ribeye cooked over lump charcoal.

I have had many awesome ribeyes cooked on my gasser. I just prefer to cook them differently now. My gasser has served me well over the years. :icon_blush:

Here's my favorite method for cooking the perfect steak on a gasser:

1. Buy 1" thick Rib eye Steaks.
2. Marinate the steaks in soy sauce for 30 minutes.
3. Discard the soy sauce and sprinkle both sides with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
4. Pound, don't rub the spice into the meat.
5. Light your gasser
6. Adjust the temp to high.
7. Clean the grate with a BBQ brush.
8. Spray the grate with Pam or oil it with a paper towel held with tongs.
9. Slap those steaks on and cook them to an internal temp of 135F (about 5 minutes per side.)
10. Take them off and let them rest for a few minutes before you chow down. :thumb:

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

I'm wit you Michael. We have all done awesome steaks on our gassers. It's friggin easy. But to take it to the next level requires some effort. That is why we love being Q'ers, right?

My gasser rots on my always wet balcony.

However, the only way I have seen anyone charge more than $100 for a steak is with one of these. :shocked:

Last edited:
Back