Saturday pork pron

BobBrisket

Name or Nickame
Bob
I was outside all day along with my son, the best little helper ever, mowing the lawn and reclaiming my man cave (garage) in time for football season, so I tossed in some pork onto the Kettle and slow and lowed it all day. Course had to have some homemade salsa too, and cold beers!
2837309518_194902f2a8_o.jpg

With some oak wine barrel staves for smoke. I put em on the grates so they burn slower.
2837309514_6e646629ea_o.jpg

The leftover pork and 7 bone are going into Chile Colorado con Papas today. I have pics of the red chile making process for later.

DM-- those staves smoke really slow and the smoke is great. I love em on brisket and chicken too.

It was a good day yesterday. Some hard work and sweat and my son dancing to Trace Adkins..............he loves all his songs!
2836673861_a76cb84050_o.jpg

DM-- those staves smoke really slow and the smoke is great. I love em on brisket and chicken too.

Damn, i should have take some with me at the trade show. :mad:

I have some really small wood chips that have been put into red wine for a while but i guess the flavour is not the same, especially since i prefer larger chunks whenever i find some.

DM

there is nothing in the world I would trade for my son helping me BBQ'in, mowing, the man cave :), (I didn't want to share, you know get away place, but WTH, little guy needs a place too)

nice food pron!!

It's actually his Little Man cave too. I can't wait to start showing him to shoot pool in there. It will be our little room for the guys to hang out. Me with a brewskie and him with a Capri Sun!!:-D

mmmmm = excellent lookin eats!!!

Whats in your red sauce??

Salsa is one small can 8oz. tom sauce, half of a small red onion, about 6 or so garlic cloves, cilantro, and into a blender with a little bit of beer to thin and blend. Then half a lime and a tbs of ground tepin pepper powder. I grow the tepins in the garden. THey are hot little BB's of pure hell.

Then s and p to taste.

It's actually his Little Man cave too. I can't wait to start showing him to shoot pool in there. It will be our little room for the guys to hang out. Me with a brewskie and him with a Capri Sun!!:-D
I have started that myself too! :p

Great, I love it.
Nice that you can share with your son.
My grandson is only 19 months now, but grandpa is gonna teach him how to cook the Q one of these days!
My son keeps threatining to make a UDS, but so far no UDS in sight.

Back