Uds

bullred

Name or Nickame
Blaine
Fixing to build me one, Any new do's and donts, would like to have 2 racks, saw were some people had a domed lid, were do you get those, and grates for a weber 22inch for the inside, have all the threads on them on here, just looking any new ideas on air vents?

You don't need the "mother of all UDS threads". Just hit this https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43943 I can't say there's any "new tech" over and above whats in this thread. Sure you can hang ATC's and what not on it- but the bare bones, KISS UDS build will do you a fine job.

It's a very simple build- that you can bling out how you like.

Dome lids? Check CL in your area is the best advice I can give. It's getting to the end of grilling season - some store are having close outs. You might check them- but CL will be your best bet. Grates are cheap. Ball valves /nipples, caps are not budget busters. The basket usually gives folk the most trouble but there are tons of ideas on the web or buried in THE uds thread.

good luck to you

For my domed lid I bought a walmart 22 inch grill for 40 bucks I believe. I also used the bottom of the grill for a drum I gave a friend. The grates I picked up at Academy Sports. Get the hinged grates because they are a heavier duty grate than the ones walmart sells. UDSparts.com has some great intakes and exhausts. Here's a pic of mine after I referbished mine with pipe intakes, akorn table, and a River Country thermometer.

Attachments

• 20180420_182724.jpg
    20180420_182724.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 66
Honestly it's way easier than I thought to build one, do planning first. And the real hardest part was finding a drum that wasn't used for oil or something toxic in my area.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Back