Summer Sausage in the Masterbuilt!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So i didn't make "process" pictures. I can link you to one of my previous threads for that. I kinda forgot I was wanting to post this..

Anyways.. Here we go! I went to the store bought 10lbs of burger that was on sale at a local store. Paid $15 for it. Normally I would grind my own but I didn't feel like it. I ordered my seasonings from www.sausagemaker.com.

I ordered 61mm 24" casings.. I knew ahead of time from my previous adventure that these were too long for the Masterbuilt 40.. what I didn't realize it was still a real pain in the butt to split those into half.. They don't sell regular mahogany 12" casings that size diameter. Next time I'll be shopping for pretied 12" casings from somewhere else.

The casings hold up to 2 1/2lb of meat. so I was able to stuff 4 casings. and split that into 8 logs.

utQEkXwl.jpg

They are now hanging in the masterbuilt with hickory woodchips at 150-155 degree's. I'll get a hanging pic in a couple hours

Nothin sez Fall like the smell of a smoker doin it's thing.

Looks GREAT! :mrgreen:

Alright sorry I've been busy haven't been able to update! Sausages are done. They are pretty awesome but didn't take long for the wife to remind me that the jalapeno and cheese ones I made last year are the best... hate to say it.. but i agree.. doesn't stop these from being awesome tho!

rWY1FlLl.jpg

That sausage looks good.
Those casings let smoke permate?

Back