Bacon 🥓 & Garden Winding Down

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A few tomatoes still coming in. Big Jim green chile, still a few to pick and roast. Jalapeño didn’t do great this year and a few mutant cucumbers. Realized I never got around to having a BLT this year. Wife asked me to cook the bacon and slice the tomato. She would handle the egg and building my half sandwich.
Gotta love bacon

Last edited:
My garden was punk this year. Only a handfull of cucumbers and my okra never grew more than inches. Last year the okra plants were over 5 feet. Peppers - habanero, jalapeno, serano, poblano - were at about 1/2 of last years yield. Weird summer.

We had a lengthy stretch of triple digit and upper 90’s with no humidity that pretty much knocked it down. Where I live lack of humidity and high heat will stunt it. We call ours a Salsa garden. Tomato peppers cucumbers garlic onion and cilantro. Nothing big.

Last edited:
My garden was punk this year. Only a handfull of cucumbers and my okra never grew more than inches. Last year the okra plants were over 5 feet. Peppers - habanero, jalapeno, serano, poblano - were at about 1/2 of last years yield. Weird summer.

Agreed. I had a very similar result here as well. Okra didn't do too much and the cukes turned bitter quickly. Cherry tomatoes yielded a decent harvest. The eggplant harvests were the one bright spot; better than average yields all summer.

Great looking BLT and better late than never. We had our share this year and sad it's coming to an end

That sandwich looks great, the bread looks interesting, what sort?

She said it's called Oat-Nut bread

When I first read the title of your thread, I thought it said "Bacon Garden", sadly, I was mistaken.

Even still, nice sammich!

Bacon garden?!? I know what I’m dreaming of tonight...

Sandwich looks great!

I put shade cloth over mine which helped I planted grape vines next to the boxes and ran wire across so that will provide some cover when it fills in

Looks delicious Adams!!
The 100+ heat did a job on my garden too. I build shades which helped some, but didn't get the usual harvest this year.

Back