High Plains Indian - Lamb Tikka Vindaloo with Sak - (Pron)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Last night's Carne Asada went well, and we cruised over to Lowe's for some gardening supplies (I've gotta "cage" my tomatoes tomorrow). Meanwhile, CINCHOUSE asked "What's for dinner!?"

Something reminded us of cooking Indian from a couple of months ago... so...

I've got plenty of chicken in the works for tomorrow and the future, so why not some lamb!?

2017-05-20%2011.11.21_zps2patxrdr.jpg

I boned the lamb :)shocked:), then vac-sealed about 2/3 of the meat, and into the freeze it went. (LOVE this FoodSaver we bought 2 weeks ago!). Cubed the reminder of the lamb, and into the Tikka recipe from the above-linked post.

2017-05-20%2012.24.19_zpst9fzb75l.jpg

Couple of hours later, I made kebabs with the lamb, and fired up the Vortex in my 22.5 Weber.

2017-05-20%2016.44.33_zps3kwpdeey.jpg

2017-05-20%2017.32.33_zps6k9ndn7c.jpg

2017-05-20%2017.32.43_zpssoklce0p.jpg

After I brought the lamb in to rest, it was time to sweat some onion, garlic, and ginger in some ghee.

2017-05-20%2017.47.25_zpsgqx8b0ta.jpg

Add in some Mr. Patak's HOT and Vindaloo Curry Paste(s)... cook a little while.

2017-05-20%2017.50.19_zpsddfczwlb.jpg

Add diced tomatoes. - Need to turn this into a good sauce - be ready to add some water later, if needed. Cook a while, then add the lamb kebab meat.

2017-05-20%2017.52.33_zps7whyp0qr.jpg

2017-05-20%2018.06.45_zps6qg8qorr.jpg

Here's the plated dish:

Lamb Tikka Vindaloo with Sak (curried cauliflower that is KILLER), accompanied by onion and cucumber Raita.

2017-05-20%2018.36.26_zpsrvhr7nod.jpg

Thanks for hangin' in there with me. Y'all have a wonderful weekend. I'll harass you with some of T.Mac's Latin chicken goodness tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Shadow

Wow, that looks amazing, I would certianly be all over that. Nice work.

I've never even heard of some of your ingredients but if you made the dish I'd bet it's good. The plate certainly looks mouth watering.

Very nice Pr0n Shadow Driver!

I love the avatar image as well. I'm also wondering how I can get my hands on a Naan recipe so I can get that traditional Indian wood-fired goodness. Whenever I've watched at an Indian restaurant, they usually throw it into a clay oven which is raging hot and it seems like they have the Naan in there for 90 seconds before pulling it with what looks like a steel pigtail hook.

Whenever I've watched at an Indian restaurant, they usually throw it into a clay oven which is raging hot and it seems like they have the Naan in there for 90 seconds before pulling it with what looks like a steel pigtail hook.

There's a dude around here who bought a traditional tandoor oven (on the US East Coast, IIRC), who might be able to help out. I'm afraid I don't remember his name.

I'm a HUGE fan of good naan.

This does look great. real nice job!

I have to comment on the vacuum packing. Due to smoking sausage I am very botulism informed. Botulism thrives at temp of 40F -> 150F in the lack of oxygen.. IE smoking, but what I just read recently is vacuum sealed meat in that temp can cause the spores to come alive and put off their toxins.

just an FYI since I dont know exactly what your marinading process was, but a picture is a thousand words and that first pic screamed botulism!!!

Back