THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Like Most in a Rib Rub?

• Sweet

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Spicy

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Savory

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Color

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Balance of all above

Votes: 69 65.1%
  • Salt and Pepper

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
What say you?

Pick one attribute in the poll that’s most important to you and then tell us more in your post

William's Rib Tickler...[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

d1ee8077b1df302d7e7e8dcdbb7b2702.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is hard for me to decide on. I went with balance, because one of the best ribs I have eaten had NO SAUCE but had balanced flavor. However, I like your Rib Rub which is savory and I like any rub that is savory but will be good with smoke. This is a big deal because I usually dont sauce ribs.

Balanced. Usually make my own because I want control of the salt, both quality and quantity. Like snowflakes, no two homemade rubs are exactly alike.

I went savory, k-salt with Q-salt been working for me maybe I should have gone salt and pepper....

balanced. i dont really care for the candy coated ribs. personally i use a mix of head country dry rub and Arthur Byrants dry rub.

Savory ever so slightly won out for me over balance. I honestly tend to prefer commercial rubs that are labeled "for beef" or all purpose for this reason.

Smitty, would you mind sharing which rub that is in your pic?

I'm going with spicy. Not blow your head off spicy but a nice balance of white, black, and red pepper. I am not a fan of sweet in my rub. I've got one homemade rub that goes on everything - BBQ, steaks, chicken, eggs, etc... I even use it to season my gravy :)

Balanced, but I prefer a little kick of heat so if the rub I'm using isn't enough, I will add my own to my portion because the girls in the house won't go for that.

Back