Grinder Score!!!

dodgeramsst2003

Full Fledged Farker
Well a guy at work bought this cabelas 1hp grinder a while back. After thinking about it he decided he wanted to have the 1.5hp model. I bought this off him for $275 yesterday. New, never even opened until he cut the tape to show it to me! $500 grinder for $275, I can live with that. Oh and just to prove this actually did happen, see attached photos.

Attachments

• 100_0194.jpg
    100_0194.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_0195.jpg
    100_0195.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 179
I have one just like your super bargain.
That thing will grind meat faster than one person can feed it.
Congrats on your bargain of the week.

wow..you done good! I have the same grinder in only the 1/2hp model and I cant feed meat to it fast enough. Not sure why your buddy would want a 1 1/2 hp unless he's grinding the whole stockyard! :)

Nice score Chris!
Looking forward to the next series of pron..."The first grind with the new machine" pron. (maybe even a few samples, too!:-D)

I hope to get it dirty the end of next week as the economy has finally taken its toll on my company and I'm down to 32hr work weeks. Oh well, leaves more time for Q'ing. Scott, I'll be sure and send some samples your way. I'm excited because the last time I made 10lbs of kielbasa, I used my manual grinder, that's when I decided no more I was getting electric. I really didn't need to spend the money right now, but felt I couldn't afford to pass up this deal either.

Man it would be nice to be able to just open a box and start making sausage. I am putting together a motorized #32 manual grinder and its taking longer than I like rounding up all the equipment but I believe it will be worth the effort in the end. Enjoy your new toy.:mrgreen:
Dave

Dave,

That's exactly what I was going to do with my manual grinder. I did 10 lbs of meat through it and decided that was enough. Was looking to get the pulley's, motor etc, but then this was dropped in my lap so I couldn't pass it up.

Back