CL2uJAm.jpg

gRtu94b.jpg

7Z7BKMK.jpg

cft6Wv7.jpg

uRmqgXo.jpg

Sorry for the pics. How do you resize? Tried to just link up the pics, but won't allow me to delete post.

Last edited:
Hey, Punkem! NICE COOK!!! Normally, those giant pics earn guys a couple friendly jabs, but when the ribs are that beautiful they deserve to be super-sized. Post it LOUD! Post it PROUD!

Thanks Kanco, and sportster. At least the pics can be viewed in a more manageable size.

Hey fellas, I’ve got 9 racks of ribs to cook tomorrow. I know the PBC can do 8. The most I’ve done on it is 3. Just wondering if anyone has noticed a significant difference in timing of the cook when you really load it down with 6-8.

Hey fellas, I’ve got 9 racks of ribs to cook tomorrow. I know the PBC can do 8. The most I’ve done on it is 3. Just wondering if anyone has noticed a significant difference in timing of the cook when you really load it down with 6-8.

Where there's 8 there's 9.:becky: Just load up the basket full and tight and give yourself extra time. When packed full it takes a bit longer to cook. When I loaded mine up I hooked two slabs on one hook and it worked perfect.

I, too, am doing 9 slabs tomorrow. To avoid overcrowding I am going to use my WSM 22" with a Gateway rib rack. It would be interesting to compare notes. BB, STL or spares? All I could get were BB's. I am going to try and allow 5 hours before delivering them to friends and coworkers for a Christmas happy. I tried 8 racks of spares last year, and 5 hours was not enough time on the PBC, so be forewarned.

Hey Lloyd, thanks for the input. I’m doing baby backs. I’m planning on 5 hours total, but maybe I’ll give myself even more leeway.
My reputation is on the line here. 15 fellas coming over for my birthday tomorrow! My guys know I can kill it with steaks on the kettle, so they’re expecting the same result with the ribs and triptip. Probably do some pulled pork also. Fingers crossed...

Like Sako said, load that baby up. Might not hurt to let it get a tad hotter than normal before you put the meat on. This will only be my 2nd time on the rib rack, so I am a little nervous myself. My first go-round they got too dark before they were tender.

Like Sako said, load that baby up. Might not hurt to let it get a tad hotter than normal before you put the meat on. This will only be my 2nd time on the rib rack, so I am a little nervous myself. My first go-round they got too dark before they were tender.

Thanks man!

Spare ribs and fatty on PBC
Trimmed one rack St Louis
One rack removed from cryo

Hung ribs 3 hours- foiled placed on grate one hour

Brought in and sliced and returned to grate 40”

Last edited:
My 9 slabs went on at 11:00. Using Weber briquettes and 3 chunks of pecan. I am taking pics, and will share them later if I can figure out how!

Crap, crap crap!!!!! Too much fuel, got too hot too fast and too dark. I have yet to do a rack of ribs to my satisfaction hanging directly over the coals. Time to rethink this process.

Got 8 racks on. Had to leave the lid cracked for the first 45 min. To stay at 290. Fine with me. Kettle was doing a pork shoulder, so put the 9th rack on there, too. Only thing making me wonder is how much smoke (the meat mist/fog of the PBC that makes it taste good) there is. It is prodigious. Never seen quite this much. Hope it only adds to the flavor.

Crap, crap crap!!!!! Too much fuel, got too hot too fast and too dark. I have yet to do a rack of ribs to my satisfaction hanging directly over the coals. Time to rethink this process.

Was going to suggest slowing down the airflow by close the intake quite a bit to control it or a piece of tin foil but it's been 2 1/2 so I'm sure you're alright.

Got 8 racks on. Had to leave the lid cracked for the first 45 min. To stay at 290. Fine with me. Kettle was doing a pork shoulder, so put the 9th rack on there, too. Only thing making me wonder is how much smoke (the meat mist/fog of the PBC that makes it taste good) there is. It is prodigious. Never seen quite this much. Hope it only adds to the flavor.

You've got 8 racks dripping so that's a lot of liquid.:becky: In my experience there is no ill effect. :thumb:

Back