Can someone share a baked bean recipe

Lemonhead

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
I’ve tried the peach baked beans from jacks old south. The canned peach pieces were a tad too big for my liking. If I ever make those again I’m going to dice them up smaller. But I’m hoping you guys can point me in a better direction.

I am making this tonight... we love it! It’s a simple bean dish my grandma used to make, then my mom started making it and now I make it. The butter beans are what really set this apart...

4d219c1653a91bb5bf311e4f22e4fffa.jpg

This is my smoked Pit Bean recipe, I serve this as a side for my catering business and there's never a morsel left when I make them.

BFVvXf4l.jpg

Pound of bacon cut into 1" inch squares
1 Medium diced sweet onion
1 diced Bell pepper
1 diced Jalapeno Pepper
1 - 55 oz or 3- 16 oz can Bush’s Baked Beans
1-20 ounce can of pineapple chunks drain the juice
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup ketchup
1 tablespoon dry ground mustard

Fry the bacon pieces until crispy then add the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno peppers until tender in the bacon grease.

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into a half size steam pan or double the recipe for a full size 21" pan and smoke for 2-3 hours or bake them in the oven @350* for one hour.

Here's one I copied from somewhere that I want to try and if I saw this post earlier I would be making it today but I just got back in from the store and I'm not going back out.

WICKED SMOKED BAKED BEANS

8-10 strips of bacon cut into 1/2-inch squares (I use Pepper Crust Bacon)
1/2 Medium onion, diced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
3 - 4 Jalapeno Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
1 - 55 ounce can Bush’s Baked Beans – I drain the sauce off
1-8 ounce can of pineapple tidbits, not crushed, drained
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard
3 Tbs. Molasses
1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
¼ Cup Jack Daniels
Saute bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper just until tender.
In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup, dry mustard, and Jack Daniels. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)
Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 - 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160°) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.

This is my smoked Pit Bean recipe, I serve this as a side for my catering business and there's never a morsel left when I make them.

BFVvXf4l.jpg

1 diced Bell pepper
1 diced Jalapeno Pepper
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup ketchup

Fry the bacon pieces until crispy then add the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno peppers until tender in the bacon grease.

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into a half size steam pan or double the recipe for a full size 21" pan and smoke for 2-3 hours or bake them in the oven @350* for one hour.

Yes I stole this recipe and I can tell you these are AWESOME. You at least have to try them. I will also add a little mustard and honey to mine but the main recipe is great.

I do a version of Keri's beans but puree the apples.

BFVvXf4l.jpg

1 diced Bell pepper
1 diced Jalapeno Pepper
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup ketchup

After digging through the cabinets and fridge I had almost everything to make these. I substituted the ketchup and jalapeno for HC Apple Habanero bbq sauce and added a little rub.

I sampled a few bites of it cold and they were great, can't wait to see what a few hours on smoke does to them. Thanks for the recipe and to the OP for asking!!!

Back