THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
David
One of my favorite Italian dishes is Vitello Saltimbocca Romano ("The veal that jumps in the mouth of the Romans"). Saltimbocca is typically made with veal, but there are versions made with beef, pork, and chicken.

For the Italian TD, I decided to make a grilled Saltimbocca with pork. I started with some thin chops and prepared to beat my meat. :mrgreen:
picture.php

I pounded the chops as thin as I could.
picture.php

Traditional Saltimbocca is made with prosciutto and sage. I sprung for the real deal.
picture.php

Next, I started assembling the Saltimbocca.
picture.php

Cheese is not as traditional, but I like it.
picture.php

I rolled them tightly. Saltimbocca is usually dusted with flour and pan fried in butter. Since I am grilling, I decided to use almond flour instead. (For somee reason I though it would work better. I also sprayed them lightly with olive oil.
picture.php

Off to the grill and time to make my pan sauce. I sauteed some portobello mushrooms in butter and fresh thyme.
picture.php

Once they were softened, I deglazed them with a shot of brandy (make sure your vent is on if you flame it off!), then added a little lemon juice, white pepper, and some cold butter to complete the pan sauce.
picture.php

I forgot to take a grate shot while running back and forth between the grill and the kitchen.
picture.php

Plated up with a spiralized squash and a cheesy broccoli and cauliflower casserole.
picture.php

Back