THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pal Frank

is one Smokin' Farker
Back around the firt part of October, I went to Restaurant Depot and used the one day pass coupon from the KCBS site. The lady at the counter informed me that the Business License had expired. Has any one had a problem with the one day pass?

Not sure about the one day pass but there it is relatively easy to get membership there. I think most folks think you need to be in the food service business but that is not the case (at least when I signed up). I am a partner in a civil engineering firm, I simply took our business license in and signed my firm up. So if you have any type of business or know someone who does you can simply sign up under the business name. If they ask you simply can say that you are going to cater for clients. Also, when you sign up they give you 4 or 5 cards, so you can let friends/team members use them. Sorry this is a little off topic but it might be a way around the 1 day pass.

Not sure about the one day pass but there it is relatively easy to get membership there. I think most folks think you need to be in the food service business but that is not the case (at least when I signed up). I am a partner in a civil engineering firm, I simply took our business license in and signed my firm up. So if you have any type of business or know someone who does you can simply sign up under the business name. If they ask you simply can say that you are going to cater for clients. Also, when you sign up they give you 4 or 5 cards, so you can let friends/team members use them. Sorry this is a little off topic but it might be a way around the 1 day pass.

I did not even give them a buisness licence

All they were interested in was my employers Fed Tax ID# which is the same as the EIN (employer ID number) I am in the auto industry and have nothing to do with the food service buisness.

Just ask your employer for this number, tell them its for a warehouse club type membership if they ask.

I was there this morning and no problems. Mine does require a business license. The tax id wasn't enough. Seems like that varies by location.

Seems like a bit of luck involved. I had trouble w/ the day passes and a frustrated employee said "would you just like a membership card instead?"

I needed a business license from the Minnesota Secretary of State(the original so they could copy it) and a state tax ID no. I have to bring in a renewal of the license every year.
My business......Drywall contractor.

Ours required our Sales Tax Resellers Permit. They never blinked an eye that a lawn mower repair shop wants to buy wholesale food stuff. Costco was actually harder, they wanted our Resellers permit AND a certified copy of the Ficticious Business Name filing. But On topic- I haven't heard of anyone out here having an issue with the KCBS pass lately.

Ours required our Sales Tax Resellers Permit. They never blinked an eye that a lawn mower repair shop wants to buy wholesale food stuff. Costco was actually harder, they wanted our Resellers permit AND a certified copy of the Ficticious Business Name filing. But On topic- I haven't heard of anyone out here having an issue with the KCBS pass lately.

So Todd,

When is DUBBAGA going to get his employee RD card as the newest addition to Nuevo Lawn and Garden?
mowing-the-lawn-smiley-emoticon.gif

Once you get a day pass, hold on to it. I have been to RD many times and am still using the original slip of paper they gave me. They always offer to give it back.

I think the difference in stores is because each store manager sets his/her own guidelines. I've been to many different RD locations across the country and they all seem to have their own way of doing things.

The St Paul RD manager is savvy to comp barbeque. He saw my purchase one day and hit me with 100 questions. He is in total favor of the KCBS membership.

So Todd,

When is DUBBAGA going to get his employee RD card as the newest addition to Nuevo Lawn and Garden?
mowing-the-lawn-smiley-emoticon.gif
I am sure we can work something out. When I was doing home remodeling I would have the customer pull a homeowners permit, and as long as he drove one nail it was legal. Guess you gotta come out and change a spark plug to make it "legal". And a beer. Cant forget the booze!!!

And didn't we cook against you in Ontario this year?

Thanks for all the input. I don't own a business nor do I have access to a business license. I print the one day pass from the KCBS web site and take it in to buy meats for comps and some get to gethers.
Thre last time I took in the pass, they said that KCBS's business licenese has expired. I was wanting to know if they have corrected the problem or if any one has had a problem.

next time write down the phone#to KCBS - 1-800-963-5227 or 1-816-765-5891 and let them explain it to them. Membership has its rewards- don't stand for RD's bs

Guess you gotta come out and change a spark plug to make it "legal". And a beer. Cant forget the booze!!!

And didn't we cook against you in Ontario this year?

You repair the equipment, why are you offering to let me do even more damage? :confused:

We were set up across from you in Ontario, we had the Brethren banner

Back