THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I make these often. They're kind of nice for a change!

I sprinkle some spares with five spice seasoning, then into the drum at around 275F.

1EC5Npc.jpg

I let em go for a couple of hours, just til they have good color.

v1QEzzO.jpg

tdPygsC.jpg

Then place them meat side down, into a foil pouch...

fyD1Y70.jpg

I make a mixture of..
5 whole star anise (you can use 1 tsp anise seed)
3 TBS sherry
3 TBS soy
1 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
some scallions
minced fresh ginger ( about 1 TBS)
After placing the mixture in a measuring cup, I added enough water to bring it up to 2 cups

B5gSVL2.jpg

6sRtWLX.jpg

I pour the mixture into the pouch, seal well then place the ribs, meat side down, back into the drum.

Hvia5uP.jpg

UgGghkP.jpg

I added some rice... I love smoked rice. lol

3w5xiUA.jpg

The ribs take about 4 hours total, I don't want them to be fall off the bone, tender.

vZV4yq7.jpg

I cut the individual ribs, and roll them in cornstarch before frying...

it1YuVS.jpg

WhPvftS.jpg

qJ5ZJtI.jpg

Sprinkle with five spice salt before serving.. 1 TBs five spice blended with 5 TBs salt. I keep the salt on hand for other things..

um9nuCC.jpg

sOrTwSf.jpg

aVbxsxC.jpg

VBanFJE.jpg

I really like these. They are light crisp on the outside and moist and tender inside. The ribs take on the marinade well too.

I know I've posted these before, but thanks for lookin' again!

You had me at 5 spice and ribs, Jeanie! They look fantastic and a different twist on spareribs I'd love to try.

P.S. No tatoes? :confused:

:laugh:

Dang Neighbor!!! Just when I thought it was done it just kept getting elevated until it reached the climax (finished product). :oops: WOW!!!!

I'm with Richard in you had me at five spice. I love the stuff but don't get to use it often because I can't make it flow like you just did.

Dang Neighbor!!! Just when I thought it was done it just kept getting elevated until it reached the climax (finished product). :oops: WOW!!!!

I'm with Richard in you had me at five spice. I love the stuff but don't get to use it often because I can't make it flow like you just did.

Thanks Neighbor! Good to see ya!
These ribs are addicting. lol So flavorful and tender, hope you give em a try sometime..
Hope all is well! :grin:

Thanks Neighbor! Good to see ya!
These ribs are addicting. lol So flavorful and tender, hope you give em a try sometime..
Hope all is well! :grin:

Been a bit crazy off and on but good to be here.

I absolutely will give it a shot. Outstanding cook like I already said. :clap2:

Back