THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BobBrisket

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob
One of the dishes I remember most, is my Dad's or Mom's version of Mexican spaghetti. I really don't know who came up with it. Most times it was made with pork neck bones, or just any meat that was leftover. A batch of chile Colorado was made and the meat tossed in and served over a bed of pasta. Gonna go a different route here and try to enter a dish in the TD Legs Battle. Here's the red chile and the chicken.
More to come!
Some red chile boiling and reducing. I pulled out all of those onion slices and ate em! Damn, they are good!
WP_20130929_005_zpse68f38d1.jpg

WP_20130929_004_zpsc9d9d732.jpg

When you spatch a bird, don't throw the spine away! Grill it up. Chef's treat or pull the skin, meat, tail and give Fido a treat. OR, you can boil it down for a small batch of stock. I went the Chef's Treat route!

Last edited:
Wrap up. I sliced up the chops and we had em for appetizers. Just dipped em in the sauce. Gotta load that pic.
Here's the money shots.
Polloquerollo006_zps82483a05.jpg

Polloquerollo012_zps824eca94.jpg

The aftermath! Yes, I licked the plate after the pic!!!
Polloquerollo013_zps3102124a.jpg

Here's how we killed off the pork chops that the 6 legged chicken laid!
WP_20130929_009_zpsd4ab816d.jpg

Red chile is just one of those simple, inexpensive ingredients that just lends itself for so many things. I've made pizzas with it in place of a tomato based sauce. It's just SOOOOO good! And when you pair it with meats........even better! I think I have finally digested that plate.:-D I can't tell you how good a slice of bread dipped in that red chile is! I went through 4 or 4 slices of bread. That's all I was doing was dipping in there and eating em. It's a very dark and earthy taste with some heat. It is the one food that I would call "home!" That is the one thing I associate with growing up and what is a true "comfort" food for me.

Thanks for looking!

Bob

Back