Stubb's? Frontier?

Brontoburger

Full Fledged Farker
Thinking about going to Lowes today. Are these good for just backyard smokin'? Price seems good at any rate. My usual lump is Royal Oak, Kingsford for briq.

Stubbs will never let you down. You may like it better than KBB I know I do.
Don't know about frontier.

+1 on the Stubbs, I found the Frontier way to variable in size with lots of little crumbles to be very useful and it had lots of fireworks (but I admit to being spoiled, I make my own lump).

Last edited:
You will like Stubbs! The Frontier lump I'm my opinion is very dense and burns a long time, but like mentioned above sometimes you will get a bag that has lots of crumbs in it. I do not buy the Frontier from Lowes because the employees there handle it by the bag and don't care if they throw it around. My local SAMs Club carries it they bring it out and handle it the pallet load. I've had better luck with SAMs Frontier lump. Hope this helps.

With that being said I still like Royal Oak the best.

Bought some of each yesterday with the coupon code. It's the stuff made in mexico. If I think about it later tonight, I'll open up a bag and take pictures of how it looks. I like the stubbs. I'm thinking of trying a mix of the two to see how that works.

Stubbs is what I use most of the time. You will not be disappointed. Wal-Mart normally has it for $1 less.

Back