It happened I've got proof. (Pron)

Man that loks good, UDS and all, but I would be really carefull with that UDS sittin on that old wood skid or what ever that is.

Sweet looking chow, and the drum. Love the colors and the theme. What is the lower thermo for? Do you have a grate there?

Yes it has 2 grates & it was a cutting oil for a cnc shop. Washed out with dawn then took a weed burner to it then a med fire wash again torch again and then seasoned.:confused: did some brauts after 6 hr season but I got a lot more mods planed
Lid holder diffuers(2 that rotate) and wheels ect..... I hope its clean . What do you think?

You are a braver man than I!
Love the mods and setup....just scared silly of carcinogins!:pray:

Anything you eat that comes off a smoker has carcinogens in it. The air you breath is full of them little boogers. Throw caution to the wind and enjoy life. You only live once.

Reminds me of an old Christian Comic who said "eat healthy and die anyway". Fear in your heart will kill you quicker! :loco:

Yee Haw.. another oil drum cooker. I felt all lonely having one but Oil drums are best coz there is no dampaint liner! No grinding and burning and grinding all the while breathing in hazardous dust n fumes.... Dont worry about the naysayers, smoke is carcinogenic, sugar and salt are the new silent killers, fat is another killer causing heart attacks, too many carbs will kill you also.... alcohol is full of sugar and carbs and will also kill you..

So if some of you are worried about the very remote chance of oils leftover after a good burn out I suggest you also cut the sugar and salt out of the rub, the smoke out of the cooking, the fat off the meat, the taters out of the tater salad.. and the dressing off the salads 2 coz thats a fat also, the breads are all carbs and leave the beers in the fridge for your friends to commit suicide with. Then enjoy your HEALTHY roast lean pork with no BBQ flavour, burnt ends, salad, roasted taters, buns or beers... no takers for that eh!:loco:

Last edited:
The barrel was starting to rust on inside after burn and wash. And it dried it was 90.

I think you're pretty safe with petroleum products. Pretty much just long chains of carbon. It's the pesticides and herbicides I'd give a wide berth...

Cheers!

Bill

Back