beer but chicken

cwiese

Knows what a fatty is.
I was wondering what you guys do for beer but chicken my wife said she wanted it tonight so I am looking for different receipes

:p I am from the Husker state, like you, and I still can't figure out what beer but chicken is! I recommend giving your wife anything she wants! Gotta keep em happy!

Beer Butt Chicken

pretty simple...get a sizer of your favorite flavor of beer and use your favorite rub to season up a whole roaster or fryer chicken (4 lbs does nicely) and impale the seasoned yard-bird on one of the open cans that you have taste-tested a couple of sips to ensure quality control, uh butt first and legs down. Place the bird/can in your cooker so the bird is vertical and the can is sitting upright. You may need to place a tray under or use scrunched aluminum foil around the can to ensure it doesn't get tipsy. Indirect cook with hood closed at your choice - either a slow cook (200F - 250F) or regular cook (375F) and finish off the rest of the sixer

Monitor the temp with your remote therm and when it gets to about 160F degrees, remove carefully with kitchen towels and invert the bird over a tray that can hold liquid...allowing the remaining hot beer to slosh on thru the cavity. Place in the tray and cover - you can put the entire tray in the cooker if you want to hold it for a while, as long as the heat is low. You can serve chicken safely when the internal temp is 165F.

Let it rest whilst you head to the store for another sixer and enjoy when you get home. Oh yeah - serve the chicken too!:twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I will do it that way and let you know

It also sounds like that other guy knows my wife.

pretty simple...get a sizer of your favorite flavor of beer and use your favorite rub to season up a whole roaster or fryer chicken (4 lbs does nicely) and impale the seasoned yard-bird on one of the open cans that you have taste-tested a couple of sips to ensure quality control, uh butt first and legs down. Place the bird/can in your cooker so the bird is vertical and the can is sitting upright. You may need to place a tray under or use scrunched aluminum foil around the can to ensure it doesn't get tipsy. Indirect cook with hood closed at your choice - either a slow cook (200F - 250F) or regular cook (375F) and finish off the rest of the sixer

Monitor the temp with your remote therm and when it gets to about 160F degrees, remove carefully with kitchen towels and invert the bird over a tray that can hold liquid...allowing the remaining hot beer to slosh on thru the cavity. Place in the tray and cover - you can put the entire tray in the cooker if you want to hold it for a while, as long as the heat is low. You can serve chicken safely when the internal temp is 165F.

Let it rest whilst you head to the store for another sixer and enjoy when you get home. Oh yeah - serve the chicken too!:twisted:

Hmmm...that recipe sounds a lot like the one I'm doing this afternoon.:twisted: Not sure what a "sizer" is...I'm gonna use a beer can! :lol::lol::lol:

I used Food Networks recipe from Guy Fieri (Diners, Drive-ins and Dives). Had family over and they devoured all three birds. The recipe is awesome. I also purchased these:

Attachments

• GourmetKit_thumb.jpg
    GourmetKit_thumb.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 103
I prefer spatchcocked chicken over beer can chicken. It takes me about 75 minutes to cook a whole bird.

I brine then air dry the skin. Virtually eliminates the leather chicken skin problem.

I might have to try the brined spatchcocked chicken. Someone tell me exactly what that means. I have an idea, but I want to hear from the experts.

I prefer spatchcocked chicken over beer can chicken. It takes me about 75 minutes to cook a whole bird.

I brine then air dry the skin. Virtually eliminates the leather chicken skin problem.
Chicken don't get any better than spatchcock
also fast

Thanks again everyone the chicken was a success I was reluctant to join this forum but I am so glad I did everyone is great here.

Beer can chix is great to show off but I like the taste/texture of a spatched bird better. More grilling/bbq taste than beer-steamed.

Back