22.5" cooking grate upgrade!

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
i just slapped a 22.5" stainless steel cooking grate from www.killagrilla.com on my wsm. i had actually stopped using it due to the standard grate rusting in spots. the stainless steel grates on my weber summit are great so i went about looking for ones just as good for the wsm. this grate is like no other, and very close to the ones on the summit. if you are looking for this, this is the way to go.

Do magnets stick to the stainless?

I assume you are looking to see what grade of stainless it is. Low grade - 304 - will stick slightly. It will also rust a bit if abused

I assume you are looking to see what grade of stainless it is. Low grade - 304 - will stick slightly. It will also rust a bit if abused
You have it backwards a magnet will not stick to 304 SS which is considered a marine grade SS, a magnet will stick to 430 SS and is more susceptible to rust, there are a couple other grades of SS as well but 430 and 304 are most common you will see in or on grills. For cooking grates I don't think I've ever seen anything other than 304 used.

Why would you put magnets on your cooking grate

Amazon has it

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Grill-Care-Stainless-Cooking-Charcoal/dp/B071LPW87S[/ame]

Ownward is the parent company of Broil King. So they should be decent.

Back