Trimmed brisket point
Pan with small amount OJ & Worcestershire
Seasoned with last of my Naturiffic Q Salt
Overnight til I awaken
SOB prepped
Weber Briquettes-Water Pan
3 Wood blend of Oak-Pecan and a Kiss Of Mesquite

Last edited:
Going to be a great day at your house! Looking good so far, can't wait to see the final outcome

There are a lot of quality rubs. Naturiffic Q Salt is among those on the top shelf. I have a great time trying all the various offerings. Bought some organic celery seed today-at Walmart. Wife needed Tide. I held back in the spice seasoning aisle. I was also perusing for “red” green chile. Struck out there. I’m good though with guessing close to 20-24# 50/50 approximately Hatch and Pueblo fresh roasted and frozen.

Parting shot of hump day brisket

Last edited:
Can't be that far for me to come help you eat that. End to end, Texas is what 8 hours LOL?

Depends on how fast you drive. It is 858 miles across TX on I-10. If you can average 107 mph you can make it in that time...probably should count on 13-14 hours.

Remember, Orange TX is closer to Atlanta GA than it is to El Paso TX.

Depends on how fast you drive. It is 858 miles across TX on I-10. If you can average 107 mph you can make it in that time...probably should count on 13-14 hours.

Remember, Orange TX is closer to Atlanta GA than it is to El Paso TX.

Point taken, even if I was being silly. I don't even like to drive to Dallas, and that is 40 minutes from home. :laugh:

A little Led in the morning is always appropriate. If the neighbors don't like it, well, they're just philistines, aren't they?

Point taken, even if I was being silly. I don't even like to drive to Dallas, and that is 40 minutes from home. :laugh:

I knew you were being silly. However, some on here aren't blessed and live somewhere other than Texas. Just wanted to offer a little perspective.

Sounds like you also measure distance by drive time.

I knew you were being silly. However, some on here aren't blessed and live somewhere other than Texas. Just wanted to offer a little perspective.

Sounds like you also measure distance by drive time.

Yeah, miles in the metromess don't really mean anything. Everywhere else in Texas outside of the triangle, the miles are a welcome site.

Back