THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I keep the SOB pretty decent, better than most anything I’ve bought off CL etc but I’ve been motivated to deep clean more frequently than my usual 75-90 days. So in 28* weather-no wind-wearing shorts I cleaned. Then I fired the SOB with B&B lump- hickory chunks and splits and a cup or two of mesquite chips-just a kiss. I’m out of a third wood. Need to work on that. 11# Market trimmed choice. Removed from cryo- Seasoned with Adkins and Gunpowder. No further trimming. Unseasoned fat cap down in a pan. Probed tender at 203 and 7:15

Last edited:
That sure does look good, Adams.

You folks still have snow on the ground!? It hit the 50s yesterday, and it up and disappeared.

Tell me more about this brisket in a pan. In the pan from the beginning or around the stall? Anything in the pan except rendered fat? Do you cover the pan? Is the brisket raised up or sitting on the bottom of the pan?

Tell me more about this brisket in a pan. In the pan from the beginning or around the stall? Anything in the pan except rendered fat? Do you cover the pan? Is the brisket raised up or sitting on the bottom of the pan?

This time. I promise I don’t always do the same thing twice, so this time:
100% in pan
Fat cap down unseasoned not elevated
In smoke 4 hours averaging SWAG 300*
As far from internal firebox as possible 34”
Then I added SWAG 1/2 box of chicken stock
Covered tight/ jacked the coals added a split, saw 350
Added a split and a couple chunks and tented about 6 hours
Let it ride the heat down
Poured off most of juices into bowls
Allowed to rest about 2 hours
Sliced the flat-cubed the point
Poured a tad of juice over top
Into coldest part of fridge

As I said, I didn’t do one cut of extra trimming. There was guessing less than a half cup of jello like fat total that I discarded during slicing.
This was a really nice brisket. All credit goes to the cow.

Last edited:
Several times per week, year round we eat soups stews chili etc. every bit of the juices will be used in some type of dish including beans

Back