Do you cover your pit?

Under a porch roof, with covers in case the rain blows in. Garage or shed would be ideal though. Keeps them cleaner even if you don't get much rain.

I bought an extra large bbq cover from the Home Despot. Was cheap, only about $20 CAD and it fits the Tejas 2040 well. The stack slips off the 2040 so the standard cover seems to be doing a good job. Will see how long it lasts, but for only 20 bucks I don't really care.

I cover my gas grill, but the PK is aluminum and sits under the pavilion roof. The Open Range lives in the garage.

My pellet grill and wsm stay on the back porch under the roof. No snow here. Just a lot of humidity.

My offset is uncovered. My BGE is covered. It doesn't rain enough here in Texas for me to really worry about it, and I use it too often to be fiddling with a cover several days a week.

My offset is uncovered except for a patio roof. Having had covers in the past and knowing firsthand about the condensation issues I'll never use one again. My LSG pit looks great after four years of exposure. The insulated firebox does help in that regard. I did a minor touch-up on the counterweight bar after a couple years - seems like that didn't get the same number of coats as the rest.

My vote - uncovered and ready to go on a moments notice.

Been sitting in the rain, snow, sun and cold for 15 years. I kind of like the patina.

PFiFSdUl.jpg

I always cover here in Michigan. Nothing lasts since we get roughly 6 months of continuous clouds, rain, snow (kind of exaggerating, kind of not). My friend often thinks I keep getting new equipment because his is deteriorating, but it's the covers. I replace them every two years or so. Which is fine.

It's kind of must do in FL with all the summer rain and humidity. I bought a nice cover from Costco for my Brazos, it's help up great.

I do especially today with Hurricane Zeta coming this way! Usually I just cover with the Kamado Joe cover that I bought with the Classic And a jumbo Primo cover that works on myBig Joe in a stainless steel table with the two side panels up..

Covered in winter, outdoors in summer. Which reminds me that my gasser's cover has some tears and needs replacing.

Always cover. Black really shows the dust so it helps keep them clean and slows down the rust...

Living in Colorado, 100% covered. Besides the snow, hail, tornados the sun is also brutal. After a cook and clean one summer I left my WSM out uncovered because I was going to cook again in a day or so and the weather was great. The sun hit it hard and heated it up and the neighbors kid (3 or 4 years old) came over and wanted to play BBQ, touched the side and burned her hand bad enough to leave a couple blisters on her palm.

That wouldn’t have happened if I had it covered. Yes, the sun will chew through some covers, but I like to take care of my toys and I don’t want anyone to get hurt because of them either.

I used to be a fan of covers but after uncovering my PBC, Good One Open Range, and Good One Marshall after not using them for awhile and finding quite a bit of rust, I quit covering them. The PBC ended up having a hole in the bottom. I always keep my cookers cleaned out with no ash inside.

These cookers live under a carport that has sides but both ends are open so they usually don't get any direct moisture but the wind does blow some of it on them. This carport also has a concrete floor which I feel contributed to a lot of the rust since most of it was confined to the bottom of all three. I feel like the covers trapped moisture underneath them and help create these issues.

I have went no covers on my M1 and campmchef flat top (do have the SS cover on it though)...the weber performer at the lake has a cover but it sure seems to me that moisture gets trapped under the covers and makes rust more of an issue. I plan on leaving my workhorse offset in patina finish uncovered all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have went no covers on my M1 and campmchef flat top (do have the SS cover on it though)...the weber performer at the lake has a cover but it sure seems to me that moisture gets trapped under the covers and makes rust more of an issue. I plan on leaving my workhorse offset in patina finish uncovered all the time

When did you order the workhorse?!?!

About a week ago. Got an email saying production won’t start until first of March. That’s what I get for waiting around!:)

Sweet! Gonna keep the M1?

Mines covered only one not in this picture is my offset I roll out the way when not using get

Attachments

• 6D376B8E-E702-4587-B990-5B294D1DB68D.jpg
    6D376B8E-E702-4587-B990-5B294D1DB68D.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 68
Back