Contest Announcment First Live Streamed Competition

The live stream was awesome. I was hoping to get some live judging reactions, or an interview or two with a random sample of judges as to what they thought (just after each category). This would help a lot of cooks see the judging process and maybe get inside the head of a judge.

That was the intent, but our onsite judging tent got wiped out from the wind. We had to hold judging down the street too far away for our cameras. We made do, but it did miss a key component. Look for judge reactions on our next one!

Congrats on that big win on Saturday!

I thought the tent may have had something to do with it.

Thanks. The class may have had something to do with it. :wink:

Format was nice! It looked pretty smooth considering how hectic it can get there. A step up from what they typically have at the event for sure. The quality was also impressive. Only thing... I wish who ever was representing KSU would have stepped it up and got the W, oh well :p.

Glad to hear that people enjoyed watching the event! It was a really fun experience to be on the hosting side and to be able to pop in and out of everyone's cook sites as they're running turn-ins.

Feel free to post here, or shoot me a PM, if there's something you want us to try and capture next time. I can't promise that we'll get it, but it's always good to know what folks are wanting to see. Judging will play in the bigger role in the next one.

Jason, I always enjoy seeing cookers (for me, that is the only hotrod I am interested in) but I know you can't do that in the final hour or 30 minutes before meat is coming off.
I also enjoyed the backstage pre-show type stuff "Pork or chicken?" type things where you get to see the lighter side of the cooks.
I thought you all made the judging results pretty fun too, and I caught myself on the edge of my seat on that part.

That was cool really enjoyed it! Few more shots of their turn in boxes, got a couple peeks as they were building them. Like to see that finished product!

Back