**Spring is here! Time to start another project!**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Weber Restoration Projects that is!!

Major craigslist scores this week, has me seeing RED all over!

Saturday, brought home an 18" Bar-B-Kettle with no date stamp, and in pretty decent shape.

Sunday, I got this 22.5" Silver with the daisy vents, charcoal rails and Weber cover. EO

Wednesday, I offered a guy $20 for this Purple Genesis Silver C with side burner. He thought the regulator leaked and bought a shiny new "stainless steel grill". His loss! All it needs is some TLC, flavorizer bars, thermo and grates.

IMG_0126.jpg

I found a Purple Silver OT a few weeks back, and have some derelicts and castoff bottoms from JD, that I'll cobble together some parts to make some healthy ones! Might even make a few Redneck Firepits!

IMG_0080.jpg

100_2693.jpg

100_2774.jpg

100_1714.jpg

Don't ask me about my "honeydew list"!

Very Nice!

That is a fine looking collection!
You did real well on those.

Weiser

Nice. Show us after pics. I'd be sleeping in the garage if I kept bringing home grills.

Dang, man. I have been looking for a red one for a year now. Now I know why I can't find one, they're all up in the NW.

Dang, man. I have been looking for a red one for a year now. Now I know why I can't find one, they're all up in the NW.

I think you're right. I keep watchin CL for Weber grills and there are very few available. 6 million people in the DFW area and hardly any Weber deals. I know what it is! Texans value their Webers and don't sell them off.

I need to start the fixing up of the red 22" i bought last fall. gotta find a nice weekend when the ex has the kids

I've got another 22 1/2 inch kettle bottom for your collection...

Looks like there's still some room in the driveway... Nice score B!

**One down-three more to go!!** I hope?

The Purple Genesis Silver C cleaned up rather nicely! A can of bbq paint, elbow grease and some salvaged parts and this badboy is lookin' new again! Needs an igniter, but fires right up with a lighter. Newer stainless steel grates, flavorizer bars and a thermometer, bead blasted the warming grates, repainted the box and lid sides, cleaned and wire brushed the burner tubes.

The kettles are masked and spot painted at the chipped and rust spots (note most every RED I've refurbished are the same areas) Wood handles that are salvageable are getting bleached and treated, fiber handles, wheels, legs and ashpans are getting spruced up. So far so good!

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

**Finally finished!!**

Put the finishing touches on the derelicts-and I gotta say-just in time.

The PURPLES take a bow!

IMG_0216.jpg

The Kettle Parade!

IMG_0223.jpg

Cornering the market on rainbow Weber's since 2006!

They all look so HAPPY together!!!
It's so nice of you to give them a happy home with friends to play with!!!

:thumb:

Knew this had to be an old thread....we're still waiting for farking spring this year!!

What happened to the purple one swamp?? Did you paint it red!? :twisted:

Back