Muddle basil and mint with agave
1.5oz gin
1.5 oz white vermouth
1ozeach lemon lime juice
Shake double strain.
Enjoy.

Personal. Best. Brisket. EVER!!!!

Crusty meteor shell. Knock knock:crazy:

The second I cut a corner I knew it was my best. No roast beef. I finally get it. I've only cooked one other brisket that could do the bend and fold tests and I was so happy just to be able to get to that achievement. But today was the taste. Texture. Firmness and pliability. Moistness. I did it! And yes I cried. Lol

My friends took pictures.
I barely remembered to take pictures because I wanted them to eat it before it dried up and got cold lol.

Thanks for looking. I'm so pleased. Everytime I try a brisket I adjust something new I've learned from others and it's paying off. :yo:

Oh it finished at 7 and I let it rest for about 45 min loosely tented while warmed up potatoes. I did not cook to IT. I cooked to feel. It was probing soft but reading 183 so I went with my gut and pulled it off and let it rest and carry over. Pulling it off because it was probing soft was the right move and I'll never forget what it felt like. Very different then what I've done in the past when cooking to temp.

"Brisket is a journey. You'll know when you get there." I think you're there.

That is a pretty piece of meat Melissa.

Outstanding!

Shazam! (Said in my best Gomer Pyle voice)

Beautiful hunk o beef, Melissa!

Momma and I are interested in trying your Raise The Bar beverage here soon.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Beautiful brisket Mel... I was about to comment, and my feral cat decide she wanted to sit in my lap. And then she decided she wanted to look at your sliced pics. As I tried to get her off my phone to take a picture of her staring at your brisket, she saw a mental butterfly and ran away.

I didn't. I just stared at your brisket slices... :mrgreen:

What was the total time in the pit? Also what was your average temp? Looks amazing by the way!!!!

From 1:14 am to paper at 12:30 pm she ran between 220/240.
From 12:30 pm in paper to around 6 the range was set to 250/275.
Company got here at 6 and I just flew her wide open and pointed the flat toward the firebox because it was not feeling right when I probed it. The sides were but parts of the center were not. Mind you I had not opened/closed it at all to check. I learned my lesson (dragon tongue fail). This was only the 4th time 16 hours or so. I took a piece of foil and tucked it around the flat to protect it (or protect my sanity) and scooched it closer to the firebox.
After 30 minutes I checked and wended with my gut and pulled it. Oh the rig was running at 300:heh:
The IT of the flat was only 183 even 17? In some parts but it felt right so I went with it.
Total cook 17.5 hours.

Shazam! (Said in my best Gomer Pyle voice)

Beautiful hunk o beef, Melissa!

Momma and I are interested in trying your Raise The Bar beverage here soon.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Thanks for watching.

Leave the lime out. It doesn't need it. Muddle the 1 oz of lemon with oz of agave nectar in the herbs.
Only adjustment.
Enjoy!

Way to go Red.

Im an advocate of learning without the internal temperature. It just throws too many people off track.

I was only probing and it felt right and just thought I wanted to know what the temp was. 183, 176, 173!
I was like

Back