BUFORD Drum Smoker - Build #8 - Steam Engine Theme

Very kewl. The talent and skill of some of you guys makes me jealous! Looking forward to seeing the finished build.

Is Buford a style or something?

BUFORD= Butt Ugly Freakin Old Recycled Drum

I've been fabricating some theme based drum smokers over the years. They feature adjustable racks, cone top, side box fire basket access, extended valve adjusters, side tables, etc. Souped up UDS for the most part.

Search BUFORD on this forum if you like. :thumb:

Some of the BUFORD's Smokerking built. They're farking awesome.

oulaLW.jpg

b_zpssyvfvbix.jpg

The ModKing has returned. Very creative.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh Ya.! SteamPunk is Still my Favorite.! but we'll See.....

:becky:

:thumb:

I kept Steampunk and Rat Rod for myself. Rat Rod has been the tester for my diffuser, smoke injector, rib-o-lator, etc. I use both regularly, still turn out good Q and are great smokers!

I've always liked the Off Road Camo BUFORD, want that one back someday.

These are wicked cool! Mad skills, SmokerKing. Looking forward to watching your progress. The rails and cowcatcher are really cool touches!

Those are some really great builds, farkin' awesome!

He's trying to ask you what the sealant/caulking material is used in the 2nd picture of post #12 ????
That's my guess.

Rutland 500 degree RTV.

On my first BUFORD I actually welded all the firebox seams. PIA with that thin sheet metal.

After the the first Rat Rod BUFORD, I started tack welding the panels, taped off the side of the seams and spread the Rutland RTV to fill the gaps.

The RTV has not failed on any BUFORD. Adheres, elastic, paintable and has lasted on every BUFORD built so far. I also use it to secure the Rutland gasket on the cone top.

If you make the door section a little larger, it almost looks like a vertical offset drum smoker.

Great artistic talent and eye you have there. Where are you buying the funnels and do you know if they have 26"? Would love to put one of those on my 85 gallon UDS.

Thanks,

Robert

Back