Labor Day Fun

nmayeux

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Below are some pics from our cook this weekend, and it was a blast! We smoked some brit bacon, 42lbs of pulled pork (no pics), a brisket flat, a hunk of bottom round, and two spatchcocked chickens. I am always surprised at how good the yardbirds taste! I don't think I will ever do another beer can chicken... Oh, these are cell phone pics, so some are a little crappy!

2009-09-04193957.jpg

2009-09-04193949.jpg

2009-09-04194444.jpg

2009-09-04194452.jpg

2009-09-05124119.jpg

2009-09-05124301.jpg

2009-09-05160454.jpg

Noah - Looks like a great cook! Are you going to come visit us at Turner Field next weekend?

Wow Noah, that looks fantastic! Glad you all had a good time. Certainly looks like you are well.

Purty birds. I'm with you as to spatchcocked over cans.

Noah - Looks like a great cook! Are you going to come visit us at Turner Field next weekend?
Yeah, we should be there. We decided not to compete that weekend, as it is sandwiched between two other cooks. Good luck, and and do a post afterwards for this site!

Thanks guys. We had some people over this evening, and the chickens are even better a couple of days later!

Am I the only one who cuts slits in the skin behind the legs, and tucks them together? I find it much easier to handle the birds, but nobody else seems to do it...

I used Marie, our Lang 60 for the bacon, beef, and pork. However we prefer the wore out old Weber kettle for chicken. Some designs are just hard to beat!

OK...I'll bite....why is your Lang named "Marie"? I would get it if you called her "KD"!!! Get it??? KD Lang! I crack myself up!!!!

Good choice on the spatchcock over beer can chicken. Beer is for drinking, not sticking up a chicken's butt...

Ummmmmm.................;}-

Got the munchies. (slobber) I need a fix, I'm off the the fridge the get out some Brisky.Dagnabbit man, I'm trying to lose some weight:icon_blush:

All looks real good....Seeing those spatchcocked birdies are getting me thinking about putting some on the menu soon!

firecrackerjack

Back