Lone Star Insulated vertical.

scguy2473

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Thinking about an LSG vertical insulated 48" smoker. Does anyone have one that can share the cook chamber dimensions? I have a few local comps that require us to cook 12-16 butts so I need to make sure it's got the real estate. Their website only gives exterior dimensions and racks. Thanks in advance.

until someone answers you can read thru this. One of my favorite threads.:thumb:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185024&highlight=owner

edit: didn't realize this was the mini. I have a cabinet with those same size racks. I think I can get 4 butts per rack if they are smaller but I usually only cook 1 or 2 at a time. Probably not going to fit 4 10LB butts on a rack. I cook a lot more briskets that butts. For a reference...I can fit 2 12LB briskets per rack but only 1 per rack if they are 15LBS or bigger. Size matters when discussing how much meat will fit.

I own the large version, and smoking 16 butts is not a problem. You could probably fit 9 per rack close together, or 6 per rack comfortably spaced apart.

If you post questions in the above mentioned thread, a lot of guys will respond, as they are watching that thread.

Do you know the inside dimensions?

Nope. If you send them an email, I am sure they would be more than happy to answer. They are pretty good in getting back to you. I sent them dozens before I bought mine, and normally answer the next day.

I have some pictures of the fire box on a Regular size LSG VIC, but cannot seem to figure out how to post the pictures..

Here are the dimensions smoking/cooking chamber is 28" wide and 27" high, has four slide out shelves. If you measure from the bottom of the chamber to the the "top" of each shelf, you will find the lowest rack at 2" up from bottom, rack 2 is at 8", rack 3 at 16" and rack 4 at 22".

Wish i could post the pictures for you to see.

Rik

BTW I visited LSG in person and took the pictures. My regular size is on order since July 24.
Excellent folks to work with. I was very impressed with the quality, no short cuts on these units. I shopped around for months before pulling the trigger on this one.
good Luck

Rik

Saw where I forgot to mention the depth of each rack. 24" deep.
Summary... four racks each one is 27" wide and 24" deep and six inches clearance.

Rik

Back