Ground Chuck and Short Rib Patty Melt

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
It was a beautiful day yesterday in the vineyards and I was craving a burger and fries. There are a lot of restaurants here that serve steak haché, their idea of the American favorite, but theirs lack fat and hence are lacking in the umami department. So I had some chuck left over from the last throwdown and picked up some beef short ribs and tested out my new Bosch toy. It went down like this.

Cubed up the chuck and the beef ribs and returned to the fridge while all my grinding utensils were chillin out in the freezer.

Got my grind on

Fired up the little UFO

Made myself a patty

Smoked and seared

Meat meets grilled Edam Cheese sandwich

Served with fries from the new fryer

Craving Satisfied. Thanks for lookin,

Jed

Dang way to go Jed, you'll show em a true Merican burger :heh:

What a view Brother!

I love burgers with all the fixin's......BUT every once in a while I myself crave that grilled cheese filled goodness!! Nice work....but...hate ya doing all that work for 1 patty!! We all would have had one to!

I love burgers with all the fixin's......BUT every once in a while I myself crave that grilled cheese filled goodness!! Nice work....but...hate ya doing all that work for 1 patty!! We all would have had one to!
Got plenty more in the fridge. My wife is not a meat eater so I am used to planning my own cooks.

Not being too much of a nerd, but roughly guessing how much percentage fat do you think makes a good burger, and is chuck and short rib your favorite combo?

Not being too much of a nerd, but roughly guessing how much percentage fat do you think makes a good burger, and is chuck and short rib your favorite combo?
I would guesstimate 70/30 coarse grind and yes I like chuck and short ribs and brisket too.

such a great view to enjoy while cooking up some savory fire kissed meat. everything looks fantastic!

Back