The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

Speaking of the weight Robb, will you be able to help me get the 2017 model into my truck or should I make other arrangements?

I’ll do “almost” anything for a Starbucks Grande Nitro Cold Brew w/ 2 packets of Stevia mixed in :)

*just messin’, of course I’ll help!

**but a NCB sure would give me the necessary energy...

Absolutely! I will put them on when I get home and take a pic. As far as the MAK griddles, their orientation is still side to side.

MAK anodized aluminum sear grates:

573501325858e486932d650230862756.jpg

ba5bc0087b3e25c8c088bffec6108c21.jpg
e369aa055e009da9dc9f07e73418c77c.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Those look great. Have you ever used the griddle? Just wondered if it's big enough to make at least 4 half pound burgers at a time! I like to make smash Burgers.

Thanks for posting. The visuals help out a lot.

Thanks for the pics. Those look great. Have you ever used the griddle? Just wondered if it's big enough to make at least 4 half pound burgers at a time! I like to make smash Burgers.

Being I have a 48” Camp Chef griddle I have zero interest in the MAK griddle. Not sure if you’d be able to properly smash out 4 1/2 pounders. Those are BIG! That said, for something like smash burgers, I’d actually suggest a Lodge griddle or even 2-3 GrillGrate panels turned upside down. IMO, the MAK griddle is gonna allow the grease to puddle as it has nowhere to go, greatly reducing your ability to form the famous smash burger crust. You really need to be able to a) remove the grease into a trough while cooking or b) have a griddle surface like reversed GG’s that allow the fats to drip through. Makes a BIG difference in your crust. Although I use my Camp Chef griddle for all of my “griddle needs” now... here’s some reversed GG smash burgers I did awhile back.
1f2be73910b4c27ce09e4ce946504224.jpg

Those look really good! It's that on your MAK & what grates are those on? The grates you have now don't look like they have a back like that? Thanks again for your help!! Wasn't sure what fit the Mak

I use grill grates they work fantastic with the flame zone.

G9uFMwG.jpg

D7eGgTa.jpg

Flip them upside down

iDZJcDK.jpg

Also have a Lodge Griddle which works great also use it on the kettle.

fkDiGj3.jpg

XPJ6ubk.jpg

fits on top of the WGA too :grin:

lYR1ZfH.jpg

Those look really good! It's that on your MAK & what grates are those on? The grates you have now don't look like they have a back like that? Thanks again for your help!! Wasn't sure what fit the Mak

This was not done on my MAK, but easily could’ve been. These are GrillGrates turned upside down. https://www.grillgrate.com/

Although GrillGrates do a fantastic job, I have found that I like the MAK sear grates better for everyday grilling BECAUSE I can place them across the entire cooking surface whereas you cannot do that with GG’s due to their restricting of proper airflow. I have to big a family to not be able to use the entire cooking surface of the MAK :)

As mentioned earlier, if I want a griddle surface, it’s all about my 6 burner Camp Chef... lol.

please do us (me) a favor and grill some chops, steaks, or burgers on the new Mak with those sear grates. What is max temp of the new Mak now? I am curious to see some real world results with the new higher temps

please do us (me) a favor and grill some chops, steaks, or burgers on the new Mak with those sear grates. What is max temp of the new Mak now? I am curious to see some real world results with the new higher temps

I will definitely get to that... :)

As far as max temp, I have seen a couple of guys clock the ambient temp of the 2019 MAK cooking chamber at 575°ish with the grate temps well in excess of 700°. Honestly, I just don’t see myself pushing the controller past 450° very often. At 450° I have grate temps of 600°+ when using the MAK sear grates (550°ish with stock grates). Plenty hot for everyday grilling/searing. If I want/need hotter than that, I typically go to my Weber kettle as that’s child’s play for a bed of screaming hot lump charcoal... lol.

Back